Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1977 Topps X-Rated Star Wars Card #207

Weird. Can anybody tell me why PSA won't grade one of the most famous modern day non-sport card, the x-rated 3cpo?
They report a value for it in their monthly marketplace report yet they won't grade them.
Whats up with that??
Come on PSA have a sense of humor and grade these cards.
Please.
-Ericimage

Comments

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    is it really that x-rated that psa won't grade. not like it is a human. no sense of humor for psa
  • Options
    Does anybody know the story behind the x-rated card or maybe they could point me toward a useful link as I am sure the story has been discussed a million times.
    How rare is this card? I recently opened a box and got 3 corrected (all off centered) and 1 error (perfectly centered). So I guess the error and corrected were made at the same time?? thanks, eric
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    That's stupid if they don't grade it. I just sold this card on Ebay. Does PSA grade it?
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    It is strange to me that they grade the Billy Ripken F*** face card and not the C3PO card.
    And it is a very tough card to find nicely centered. I did not even realize there was a PSA 10 out there - I thought PSA 8 was the highest. Who has it and how much are they asking for it?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    maybe if enough people ask psa they will change their policy
  • Options
    There are a couple/few 8s. I have one of them. I am not sure how there could be a 10 unless it was mistakenly graded by PSA. They have not graded these cards since before I started collecting graded cards which was about 3 years ago. And if there is a 10 error card, let the bidding begin.
  • Options

<< <i>That's stupid if they don't grade it. I just sold this card on Ebay. Does PSA grade it? >>

Have you ever looked at that card under a loupe? I have and IMO its not that at all. For a real error check out 1987 Nascar Winston poster. The guy behind the Foldgers guy.
    imageimageimage