Home Sports Talk
Options

Jared Allen requests trade

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
I really, really, really hope that the Chiefs aren't too stupid to lock him in. He's 26, wants to stay, the best D-lineman they have, a big leader on the field, and it would be a huge loss to the D.

So I'm sure he's as good as gone. image

Jared Allen
Travis

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you got nothing to worry about because BASEBALL is almost here! I know its tuff to get exited about the Royals but right now they got as good a chance as anyone else right? Whats the deal with this Alex Gordon kid? Whats the talk in KC about him, I read the sky is the limit for this "cant miss" rookie.
  • Options
    Hey you're right! Let's hold off on this topic until about mid-April. By then both Allen and the Royals will be distant KC memories. image

Gordon has a chance at the big league roster this spring but more likely will start the year out in AAA. He should be up sometime in midseason which means that if Teahen is hitting like he did the second half of last year, Teahen either becomes an outfielder or trade bait. By the end of the season you should see a bunch of the kids getting ready for next year. Billy Butler, Zack Greinke (who will be in his 4th season but he's only 23), Luke Hochevar.

It'll be interesting to see what Baird can get for guys like Grudzielanek, Angel "E-6" Berroa, and Mike "Call the ambulance" Sweeney.
    Travis
  • Options
    image Nice, yea I read a little about Gordon in my Fantasy mag, they did mention about Teahan being in front of him for now. I might take a late round flyer on him late in my draft. Hey good luck with the Royals
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Mark Teahen was having a great year for the Royals until he got hurt last year. They have a nice little lineup if everyone stays healthy.
  • Options
    Just had to bump it. 34 year old Damon Huard gets a 3 year $7.5 million contract and 26 year old Jared Allen can't get paid. Nothing like building for the future.

OK, back to baseball.
    Travis
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just had to bump it. 34 year old Damon Huard gets a 3 year $7.5 million contract and 26 year old Jared Allen can't get paid. Nothing like building for the future.

OK, back to baseball. >>

They will get 3 years younger at QB for a fraction of the price that Green would have cost. Now, they just have to find a trade partner for Green...image
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    rumors are Trent Green to the Dolphins, Miami of course already going to release Harrington ASAP.

• Options
    You guys just dont get it. BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL.....................................image
  • Options

<< <i>You guys just dont get it. BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL.....................................image >>

Easy for you to say. You got the Patriots and the Red Sox. The Chiefs are the only team we've had to hang our hat on for 15 years now.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys just dont get it. BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL.....................................image >>

Easy for you to say. You got the Patriots and the Red Sox. The Chiefs are the only team we've had to hang our hat on for 15 years now. >>

Hey the Pats are one thing but dont think for a second a ton of grief does not come with being a Sox fan! Believe me '04 was our saving grace but we endured 80+ years of sorrow, letdowns, meltdowns, pathetic bullsh-t, Buckner, ect.. ect.. I know how you feel, but hang in there. Why not hire George Brett back???????
  • Options
    I think at this point Alex Gordon might be the better option at 3rd. image
    Travis
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCballboy
    Easy for you to say. You got the Patriots and the Red Sox. The Chiefs are the only team we've had to hang our hat on for 15 years now.

KU. They're not going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tourney this year(fingers crossed) Looking good for a No. 1 seeding. Please you can't be a Mizzou fan. image
  • Options

<< <i>KCballboy

KU. They're not going to lose in the first round of the NCAA tourney this year(fingers crossed) Looking good for a No. 1 seeding. Please you can't be a Mizzou fan. image >>

Good news. I'm not a college basketball fan at all. I don't like any of them. But my biggest pet peeve is when the Jayhawks lose in the tournament every year it has to be an area wide day of mourning. All the newscasters, who obviously went to KU, have to do their opening story choking back their tears of sadness. It gets old.

And since I'm on the MO side, I have my loyalties.
    Travis
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KC- I've gotten used to the disappointment of KU choking in the tourney and get over it pretty quick nowadays.image The highlight this year so far, K-staters getting all excited since they have Thug Huggins, thinking they might end their 23 year home losing streak to KU. Not to be! K state loses for the 24th straight year on their home court(s).

Anyway, so you don't like college basketball, you still have the best avatar on the boards. Agree with you the Chiefs can't afford to lose Jared Allen. Nobody else on that team plays with his intensity.