Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

coin from serbia

I have a 1915 50 para in fine condition with designer name and coin die alignment. Listed in 2006 world coins 1901-present. Has no values for this coin. Any idea? Catalog number KM#24.3 from Serbia
Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
http://bit.ly/bxi7py

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Krause does not list values for that variety. I just tried the online Numismaster version, too.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    well, I believe 2006 is the first year they even listed the two subvarieties. Until then, they listed it as W/ Signature and W/O Signature.

I do not believe the unlisted prices are anything related to rarity, as it usually is, because I have a set of the 50 para and 1 dinar, and they seem pretty common.
  • Options
    Yet another total error on the part of Krause. According to Ranko Mandic's "Metalni Novac Srbije, Crne Gore I Jugoslavije" (Coins of Serbia, Montenegro & Yugoslavia), there are only 2 varieties of the 1915 50 para, those with the designers' name (SCHWARTZ), and those without. The 1915 issues were struck in Paris (compared to earlier dates struck in Kremnica, Slovakia (1904 issues) or Vienna, Austria (1912 issues). All Paris issues of 1915 were struck in coin alignment, whilst the earlier issues were all in medal alignment. This pattern also holds true for both the 1 dinar and 2 dinara issues.

NOTE: This are known specimens of the 1 dinar in medal alignment, with a value of €500.
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

• Options
    Thanks for the info guys--really makes you wonder about Krause doesn't it?
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py