Home Sports Talk

The Official "Wooo-Hooo! Spring Training Started" Thread.

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

Roger looks really good in those colors image
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I'd talk smack but I can find a pic of Gil Meche in Royals colors. image
    Travis
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Manny is excited about Spring Training too.

He showed up earlier than anticipated..

Link

<< <i>Manny Ramirez reported to Red Sox training camp Monday morning, three days ahead of his anticipated arrival but four days after Boston's first full workout. >>

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • I like baseball
    Baseball has been very, very good to me image

Question, why is Carlos Lee on an Astros billboard that says RETURN of the good guys? Since he wasn't with the team last year, can he really "return" this spring?
    Travis

<< <i>Question, why is Carlos Lee on an Astros billboard that says RETURN of the good guys? Since he wasn't with the team last year, can he really "return" this spring? >>

Because we as a team are the "good guys" while every other team are the evil "bad guys".

Since Mr. Lee has seen the light and turned away from the dark side, he shall be returning to the battlefield with fellow "good guys" image

<< <i>

<< <i>Question, why is Carlos Lee on an Astros billboard that says RETURN of the good guys? Since he wasn't with the team last year, can he really "return" this spring? >>

Because we as a team are the "good guys" while every other team are the evil "bad guys".

Since Mr. Lee has seen the light and turned away from the dark side, he shall be returning to the battlefield with fellow "good guys" image >>

Travis
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Manny is excited about Spring Training too.

He showed up earlier than anticipated..

Link

<< <i>Manny Ramirez reported to Red Sox training camp Monday morning, three days ahead of his anticipated arrival but four days after Boston's first full workout. >>

>>

Manny in camp, no silly stuff going on. The SOX are READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will add a big WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO as well!!!!!

ALL CHARGED UP
  • I'm heading to Dunedin for a couple of weeks in March to watch my Jays get ready. It's likely to be a little busier at the complex with The Big Hurt around, but it will be fun. This is my favorite time of the year.

• ah. hope springs eternal!

• Hung out at the Twins complex this weekend a few miles from the house. Bought some tix for the Phils - Twins on March 18.

Trying to foist some Bosox tix from a contact with the County government. They own the stadium.

May be able to post some pics after this weekend. Should have taken the camera the other day!

Talked to a ticket scalper at the Twins site. He heard the wife asking about Yanks tix. Of course they're sold out. He wanted $40 and $60 a seat for $19 face value seats. The guy must have been nervous because when the games start there will be law enforcement all over the place. Guess he hasn't had much luck selling.

Told the wife we'll hit Tampa again when the Yanks play the Rays. For not much more you can see a real game, although in a larger stadium.
  • Buster Olney of ESPN has picked the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series.
    'Stros play their first intrasquad game today image

• << <i>Buster Olney of ESPN has picked the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series. >>

I heard this too. Can't deny they have good pitching.

Wish the Mets could have their pitching.
    Take the plunge into my ebay store

<< <i>

<< <i>Buster Olney of ESPN has picked the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series. >>

Wish the Mets could have their pitching. >>

Their hitting ain't too bad either. With Martinez, Sizemore, and Hafner is just a beast. And the majority of the team is in their mid to late 20's. I think they will be the class of the Central for the next few years.
    Travis
  • ...but Steve Phillips of ESPN said the Indians are the 3rd best team in their division...behind the Tigers and White Sox.

If the defense and bullpen holds up...they should be a force.

• << <i>

<< <i>Buster Olney of ESPN has picked the Cleveland Indians to win the World Series. >>

Wish the Mets could have their pitching. >>

Your mets had their one year of fun. The Braves have pitching again and its back to the same domination of the NL East.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dread the weeks following the superbowl and mark the days until pitchers & catchers report. Woo Hoo Baseball!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< The Official "Wooo-Hooo! Spring Training Started" Thread. >>>

Yes! That means football season isn't too far away! image

Seriously, I think my Phils got a decent shot this season. For sure I think they're due. We'll see.

-

<< <i><<< The Official "Wooo-Hooo! Spring Training Started" Thread. >>>

Seriously, I think my Phils got a decent shot this season. For sure I think they're due. We'll see.

- >>

Baseball is a great filler for the NFL off-season, especially since there's absolutely nothing else on image
  • Tribe's first Grapefruit game is tomorrow....this is fun
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd talk smack but I can find a pic of Gil Meche in Royals colors

I watched Gil Meche his entire career in Seattle. That dude is the classic million dollar arm, 10 cent head sort of guy. Really, it's a terrible shame. His stuff can be electric. Get a runner or two on base, and it's 'el-foldo'. The guy can not buy his way out of a jam. Hope he does better in KC. He clearly needed a break from the M's. I imagine he'll go 16-8 with a 3.09 ERA now that the M's have formally given up on him!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,699 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<< The Official "Wooo-Hooo! Spring Training Started" Thread. >>>

- >>

Baseball is a great filler for the NFL off-season, especially since there's absolutely nothing else on image >>

I gotta agree and admittedly, baseball is the better game for summertime anyway. Baseball used to be by far my favorite sport but now it's football for me. But baseball is still a lot of fun and I'll never stop enjoying MLB.

-
    Wooo-hooo! Games start today image

PS - Clemens and his agents have flat-out denied the rumor of him possibly signing with STL.

Link

^^
    Man I hope so. As a diehard anti-St. Louisian I would hate for Clemens to sign with them. Unless he were to test positive for roids shortly after. Then it wouldn't be so bad. image
    Travis
  • Tribe's first Grapefruit game today....this is gettin' good

<< <i>Tribe's first Grapefruit game today....this is gettin' good >>

Yeah it's against my "good guys", you heathen image
  • Astros fan, eh?
    Just a little bit image

• Tribe up 7 - 1 in the 5th.....WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< <i>Tribe up 7 - 1 in the 5th.....WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Ended 13-2 but Jason Lane hit a HR image
  • cardfan07cardfan07 Posts: 680 ✭✭
    Got tix to see the brewers and giants on saturday. and the mariners giants on sunday. Needed something close to home as I've got the in-laws here this week...but I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!
    Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Bob Gibson, Lou Brock player collector
    Season tickets just arrived image