Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Canadian "Vancouver Winter Olympics - - Curling" Quarter

I was just perusing ebay for the first time in a while to see what's new with greyside coins (so I can start to trade for '07 releases to keep my & my kids' collections up-to-date), and came across a bunch of people advertising :

"2007 OLYMPIC CURLING QUARTER, THE FIRST OF THE VANCOUVER 2010 OLYMPIC QUARTER SERIES FROM ORIGINAL MINT ROLL WITH NEW 2010 VANCOUVER OLYMPIC LOGO. (15 IN THIS SERIES TO BE RELEASED 2007 TO 2009)."

Are these special mint releases, or are they expected to actually CIRCULATE to the general public? If they are to circulate, does anyone have:
(1) a schedule of their release
(2) list of sports included
(3) any extras to trade (nice shape - - need not be PL or UNC)

And while I'm on the topic, anything else new in the way of circulating Canadian coins for '07? Which varieties will be minted for circulation vs just special sets? And which will have "P" and "no-P" varieties?

Thanks in advance for any info!

- - Daveimage

Comments

• Options
    This says they will be released into circulation.

Over the next three years, 17 coins will be put into circulation encompassing the most extensive Olympic Games circulation coin program ever undertaken by a Mint: from two commemorative Lucky Loonies to 25-cent winter sport-themed coins to a unique series offering Canadians the opportunity to vote on the athletes featured in its design.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    RCM has a full set of them on their website, but they will only sell to Canadians at this point.