Home Metal Detecting
Options

1st time out with the new detector.....

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
I dug all the "nickel" hits I got in hopes of finding gold, but ended up w/ one nickel and a bunch of pull tabs.

The .223 rounds are blanks used in military training exercises
(some of them are still unfired)

The wheat cent is from 1941 and got my hopes up for some silver.....not this time though

Comments

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    Those old style pull tabs are always a good sign there might be silver or older coins around as well-all though digging them gets to be a real pain. Were you near a military base- just wondering what someone would be doing with all those dummy rounds- besides drinking beer.
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    That explains where my drive ended up!
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Those old style pull tabs are always a good sign there might be silver or older coins around as well-all though digging them gets to be a real pain. Were you near a military base- just wondering what someone would be doing with all those dummy rounds- besides drinking beer. >>

This is all from Kanawha State Forest in Charleson, WV. The 130 Air National Guard is based here but in the 8 years I was member of the Security Forces Squadron, we never held an exercise in that forest. I certain the blanks are from a local guard unit.

• Options
    Those old pull tabs are good signs. They can be a pain...I would tune them out at first just to cover the area and see if any silver come up ;-) Also the brass will be a pain :-(

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    A Titleist golfball? You need to adjust your discrimination! image Unfortunately, in MD state forests are off limits. I have seen many great looking sights on state property, but all are off limits. We had snow all day today, so no dectecting anywhere for that matter.
  • Options
    Cool!
    Dave, you keep digging those tabs and gold will be in your future. image

Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage