Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

crossing over a set?

Any advice on trying to cross over a 100 coin set from NGC/ANACS to PCGS?
I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save your money,,,,,,, 85% won't cross. image

JMHO,,,,, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, you really need to ask yourself why you are crossing it. Is it for the higher value? For the Registry? Then you need to decide what you are going to do with the coins that won't cross - allow them to downgrade them? Keep them as is? Replace them with PCGS coins?

Once you've thought it through, either go to a PCGS Invitational in Vegas or submit the entire set through an authorized dealer for all grader set review.
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I want all the holders to match and you can't add NGC coins to the PCGS registry. I would not down grade any but would gladly accept any upgrades image
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want all the holders to match ..... I would not down grade any

Based on this response, I would suggest that you save your money. The odds of 100 coins crossing from NGC/ANACS to PCGS is near nil. If you want to play the PCGS Registry game, you really need to buy mostly PCGS coins in the first place.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odds of 10 coins crossing is near nil. The odds of 100 crossing is zero.

You would be doing well to get half of them to cross. Sad but true. Even putting down "cross at any grade" on the submission form, the odds of getting all 100 into PCGS holders is near nil.
    When in doubt, don't.