Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Where can you buy Silver BELOW SPOT PRICE?

After seeing all the threads about silver prices and where's the best place to sell, I listed an auction on ebay.

My conclusion ebay is NOT the place to sell silver. I could have take the 20 franklins to a local dealer and received 100 bucks CASH. Instead 1 week on ebay, 9 bucks under current market, I have to pack the item, take it to theUS Post Office, and if it gets payed for with paypal I'll have 10% in fees, so I should get about $82.90.

So lets compare 100 bucks and no work or 82.90 and work.......which one are you gonna do?

Here is the proof, someone gotta bargain L@@K

Al

Comments

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I consider e-bay a bad place to buy or sell bullion (or scrap silver). These I view as investment, and losing a percentage to e-bay, PayPal, and the USPS eats into the investment.

p.s. You did even worse as you cannot ship for the shipping charges you listed. 20 Franklins plus packaging will run you $4.20.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    ebay fees are too inflated. Try to sell something and you end up selling too cheaply. I sell without Paypal but 8 out of ten bidders won't bite. Then I relist and if it still doesn't sell I end up paying for my own coin myself.
    Try to buy something and you are always out bid. To buy you have to go way over what the coins are worth.
  • Options
    BigE2BigE2 Posts: 1,037
    "someone got a bargain"

True only if silver stays up for the time it takes for the buyer to recieve it. That's why eBay is a crap shoot for a buyer OR seller of junk silver(or any commodity for that matter)

You'll never get rich selling junk silver on ebay. Unless you're buying it for signicicantly less.