Home Sports Talk
Options

Adrian Peterson looks to be going to the Browns with the #3 pick in the draft

According to the Detroit Free Press. The Lions could take him at #2 but indications are that they probably won't (I got the impression from
the article that Peterson is not keen on going to the Lions anyway). No surprise there.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Lions have done well with Receivers in the past, I think they should blow the 2nd overall on the best WR they can find.

LMAO

JS
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lions have done well with Receivers in the past, I think they should blow the 2nd overall on the best WR they can find.

LMAO

Yeah, Clayton was a great pick wasn't he? ROFL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not be a bit suprised if the Lions took him, Kevin Jones foot will keep him out at least half of '07 and they cannot take another WR with their first pick.....or can they??????

• Options
    Perk...I was thinking the same thing about the Lions. No one has mentioned a thing about Peterson going to the Lions, but why not. Now that he has a good combine they can take him at #2 and not be criticized.
  • Options
    I've said this since the day Jones was injured... I'm not sold on many college players, but Peterson is one of the few. Even though he has had a couple of injuries, I do believe this guy can be something to marvel in the league. Detroit doesn't need another WR. Williams is getting better and Furrey is more than solid. I would prefer that they focus on defense altogether, but Jones may never return to 100% with that kind of injury and Peterson would be a nice replacement. Calhoun cannot carry the load over a long period IMO. If you don't have someone to run the ball at the beginning of next year, you'll already be waving the white flag for the season.

From nearly all of the indicators I have heard, most project Detroit will draft the Wisconsin offensive lineman with the second pick. To me, that would be an awful mistake. You generally will have to end up paying a lineman drafted that high the same amount you'd pay an already proven star lineman. Why take the chance when you can just go out an pick up a proven guy via free agency? Most O-lineman take 2-3 years to pick up everything and to come into their own in the league, and many never live up to a top 5 pick. Why waste it here? I agree that Detroit needs some line help, but if they're determined to get some they should trade down and get value for their #2.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Detroit sends Dre Bly to Denver for Tatum Bell. This may clear up whether or not they will take Peterson now.

Link
    Travis
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a great move if you ask me, but now maybe Detroit will look to get Russell or maybe some lineman?
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Detroit sends Dre Bly to Denver for Tatum Bell. This may clear up whether or not they will take Peterson now.

Link >>

I have a feeling this is going to be an exciting couple of weeks before the draft.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Not a great move if you ask me, but now maybe Detroit will look to get Russell or maybe some lineman? >>

Bly has turned out to be a lousy pick up for Detroit. He gives up way too many big plays. Big mouth leaving is better for Detroit. Tatum isn't really the guy I expect to carry the load for an entire season as he really couldn't do so in Denver, but it's likely better than the alternative (Calhoun).
  • Options
    I think Detroit is going to trade away their #2 pick.......they won't be able to decide on who they want and are afraid of people ripping them for making the wrong decision. If they drop down and get some additional picks, nobody can make fun of them for screwing the draft up again.