Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Nicest NEWPS I've received in a long time!

4 New pieces. All nicer than anticipated.

First one is from Dimitri. Gorgeous bright red in an OGH.

The next two came from the same Ebay seller. Not cheap but extremely colorful and high grade.

And finally one that I needed for one of my core collections. Made doubly attractive not only by its color, but also because it came in a fair amount below Krause UNC. VERY pleased with this one. What appear to be scratches on the obverse around the bust and above the date are actually die cracks. Yes the color is really that vibrant in hand. image

Comments

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful coins. image
  • Options
    Silvereagle82Silvereagle82 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭
    Nice indeed image
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    The 2 Rappen is stunning.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful coins. image >>

• Options
    koincollectkoincollect Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    Nice colors on the copper. Like it the best of the lot.
  • Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    WOW wow Wow wowowowoww
  • Options
    UdoUdo Posts: 984 ✭✭
    image coins

So which one of your Baden coins will you ceep image
    imageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All lovely, but that third-farthing is what rocks my boat the most outta the bunch. Truly stunning.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Wow wow wee waa !!
    The meaning of life ? I don't know but I am sure that coins have something to do with it.

Zar's Ebay
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you liked the 2rp Dan.

These German pieces are absolutely stunning, I now understand why Mr 3Mark chose to collect these, they're the same, only in even bigger size.image As for the 1/3rd farthing your picture is worth a thousand words.

One thing that I like about Dan's fantastic photos, is that the coins really look like that, they're not taken by some weird angle that hype the coin as in some other cases which can often lead to a big disappointment when you later get them in hand, if you know what I mean....

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why, but it's the Baden that I like the best. Amazing pictures!!

Cathy

• Options
    Baden & Saxony I love
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So which one of your Baden coins will you ceep >>

I'll be keeping this one and selling the MS66. While both are lovely, the toning is just a hair more vibrant on this one. I'm in the process of preparing pictures of another 50+ slabs for sale.

<< <i>One thing that I like about Dan's fantastic photos, is that the coins really look like that, they're not taken by some weird angle that hype the coin as in some other cases which can often lead to a big disappointment when you later get them in hand, if you know what I mean.... >>

Thanks Dimitri. It's a tough balancing act. I want to portray the coin in a flattering light, yet at the same time not in a way that that misleads buyers. I'd rather show the coin warts and all and have the buyer be pleased, than to depict an angle or coloring that you just can't find with the coin in hand. I've bought a few of those, and while I haven't gone to the extent of demanding a return, it's left a bad taste in my mouth and I've been suspicious of the seller's merchandise thereafter.

I just try to match the picture to what I see through my own eyes... not always easy.
  • Options
    AuldFartteAuldFartte Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭✭
    That One-Third Farthing is awesome !!! image

My OmniCoin Collection
    My BankNoteBank Collection
    Tom, formerly in Albuquerque, NM.