Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A lot of coin for this Cracker Jack!

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I heard that Bidder 17 was gonna crack it out and send it to BVG.........they are very reputable you know.
  • Options
    Yeah, BVG!, fart smella, um, I mean smart fella
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

The 1914s are for a special group of people. I can only watch from the cheap seats.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    The 1914s might be for a special group of people, but the Matty is for an exceptionally special group of people. Very nice card, suprisingly the staining on these cards doesn't really bother me, kind of adds to the card.
  • Options

<< <i>The 1914s might be for a special group of people, but the Matty is for an exceptionally special group of people. Very nice card, suprisingly the staining on these cards doesn't really bother me, kind of adds to the card. >>

Brum

You know I meant they're expensive and that's it - right?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    There is nothing better than a quality vintage card that looks good being vintage and worn. They just don't seem right to me all MINTY and new looking.
  • Options
    Yup, and the Matty is more expensive than most. Kind of like saying a Porsche 911 Turbo is fast, but a 911 Turbo GT3 is faster.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    That's how I took it Mike. I love Cracker Jacks. I love the thought of a wispy-thin little piece of Mathewson (or Jackson, or Cobb, or Johnson) paper fluttering out of some 1914-1915 book at an antique store one day at me. image
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I hear bleach will take those stains right outimage
  • Options
    Thanx guys - just wanted to make sure.

Hey, no one likes'm more "loved" more than me! Here's one from my T3 set:

Mike
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    The '14 Matty is one of the most desireable pre war cards, and has been shooting thru the roof the last few years. I'm betting 17500-18K on this one.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    1914 Cracker Jacks are probably the most difficult issue ever....most of the cards were Rat eaten due to the tasty caramel coated paper...also there was no redemption program for the 1914 like there was for the 1915's... the only place you could get these thin little pieces of paper was in the sticky box!!...

notice the Rat eaten corners (they like paper with no die)....

EDIT: CRACKER JACKS LOOK WAY BETTER IN THE RED PSA HOLDER THAN THe sgc holder.....
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, it IS pretty tasty paper (munch.) image
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A lot of coin for this Cracker Jack! >>

the PSA spam in the title probably doesnt hurt..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    15K+ now.......and rising
  • Options
    I would respectively disagree PA.

Given the issue, my guess is that PSA in the auction title isn't doing a thing. Add to that the seller (do some investigation on N54) and that card is doing very well.

I think horizontal CJ's are about as nice as any cards, ever.
    Dr S. of the Dead Donkeys MC
  • Options

<< <i>my guess is that PSA in the auction title isn't doing a thing. >>

i never said otherwise..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    For $50.00 shipping charge are they going to drive it to my house?
  • Options

<< <i>For $50.00 shipping charge are they going to drive it to my house? >>

$50 seems quite reasonable for this card..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Pandrews,

I am not a postal expert, however I have sent in a PSA submission via priority registered mail with $15,000 worht of insurance for around $30.00. I can't imagine that the packaging for this item would cost $20.00. Clear high shipping in my opinion.

• Options
    $50 shipping on a roughly $20K card is fine. And I also think any buyer willing to pony up close to $20K or more is NOT going to be worried about paying another $50 for shipping. What rips me are the ton of guys on ebay charging $2 shipping on a single ungraded card and then stuffing it in a regular mail envelope with a 39cent stamp on it. Go after those guys.
  • Options
    I got one...

I'm watching two cards from Champs and Bums on ebay - S&H for one PSA card? 9.04!!!

I mean come on...

I can see 9 bucks...

but 9.04?

Mike
  • Options
    if I was making 15K on a baseball card, I'd ship that thing wrapped in a mile of bubble wrap. $50 is not a big deal.
  • Options
    If ya consider that the card will sell for more than 16K - the 50 bucks to ship it is moot IMO.

Now...

If it were $50.04? I would be absolutely, totally offended!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Send me $15k for a card and I will hand deliver nc~image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were selling a card for 15K or higher, I'd PAY for full shipping & insurance. Just my .02.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I agree about on both counts. I just paid $5 shipping charge for a graded card which came to me in a white envelope with tape around it and a .63 shipping label. I don't mind paying above actual shipping charges when the card is packaged properly.
  • Options
    SGC lover....that card is gonna fetch HALF of what a PSA 3 went for in 2005!!!!

Not a good sign for SGC.......
  • Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    $22,888 is nothing to sneeze at!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it realized 50% more than it did in American Memoribilias auction a few months ago. Nice flip.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    SoutherncardsSoutherncards Posts: 1,384 ✭✭
    Griffins - was that in an SGC flip during that auction?