Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New PCGS registry graphs or charts added

I just noticed.
PCGS added cool little charts next to each registry set listing.
Check yours out.

Comments

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Visually it's kind of ......... can I say blah?

Maybe I'll get used to it.
  • Options
    they look like proteins in search of an egg to fertilize. hey, mine has a little dinky tail!!
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Going to take a look now:

Acualy it's pretty cool it tells you when the set was started and when it reached it's current rating image

Just about all my sets show a stating date of 12/18/2001; that's when I discovered the PCGS registry image
  • Options
    CaseyCasey Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    It is pretty cool. You can easily see which sets are being improved and which ones have just sitting there.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty cool. You can easily see which sets are being improved and which ones have just sitting there.

And which ones just appear out ot thin air.
  • Options

<< <i>It is pretty cool. You can easily see which sets are being improved and which ones have just sitting there. >>

If you can believe the data........... It says that Caleb just started his set back in Sept 2006.image
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you can believe the data........... It says that Caleb just started his set back in Sept 2006. >>

True comment. I had removed my set over the fact they didn't give true business strike coins a fair place to compete with the SF coins.
    After cooling off I relisted the set deciding to with my business strikes anyway. So details with the graphs can be misleading. image
    Dan
  • Options
    Nice touch, I also noted that they deleted some of the deadwood in the sets, used to be 72 Circ Kennedy sets now there are 59.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DrPeteDrPete Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for pointing out the little graphics. I haven't been able to figure out a correlation between the length of the graph and length of time as set has been listed or at a certain level. My particular barber half set it lists since 1999 and another collector's set in the same listing is since 2003 and has a longer tail on the graph. That doesn't make sense to my scientific mind.

I was one (perhaps of many) who suggested to PCGS that sets have some type of record attached indicating the time frame of the sets' existence, particularly as the set registry continues well into the future. It looks like the initial work has been done, but hopefully any errors for a given set can be fixed to ensure accuracy of the data. My guess would be that BJ Searls and her staff at the registry will be very receptive to fix any errors that a set owner finds for their listing.
    Dr. Pete
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for pointing out the little graphics. I haven't been able to figure out a correlation between the length of the graph and length of time as set has been listed or at a certain level. My particular barber half set it lists since 1999 and another collector's set in the same listing is since 2003 and has a longer tail on the graph. That doesn't make sense to my scientific mind.

I was one (perhaps of many) who suggested to PCGS that sets have some type of record attached indicating the time frame of the sets' existence, particularly as the set registry continues well into the future. It looks like the initial work has been done, but hopefully any errors for a given set can be fixed to ensure accuracy of the data. My guess would be that BJ Searls and her staff at the registry will be very receptive to fix any errors that a set owner finds for their listing. >>

Best I can guess is the length has to do with how many times the set was update?