Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you guys think I should offer for this card?

I would like to get this one. It books for $250.00 ungraded (I believe). I have been in contact with the seller just asking about the overall condition of the card. He seems anxious to move it. Of course, I will be cracking it if I get it.

So what do guys think I should offer? I dont want to go too low and him block me because he felt insulted image

And, I dont want to go too high for obvious reasons

Thanks image

Comments

• Options
    I do not know but it sure is a beat!
  • Options
    excuse me, I meant to say beaut! Not beat! lol
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>excuse me, I meant to say beaut! Not beat! lol >>

I was gonna ask you what did you see that I didnt image
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Tell him that you'll mail him a bank check or money order for 250.00 which will cover the card/shipping/insurance.

he pays no fees on feebay or paypal and you get it for your price.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    His listing says:

"we would appreciate only serious offers thankyou."

That means he will likely block folks whose offers he
    does not like.

He has sold $2002.17 in the last 30-days. He might
    like to make a sale.

Or, he might have plenty of cash and not give a carp
    if he sells anything or not, unless it is at his price.

Anything under $200 would prolly earn a place on his BBL.

15% to 20% off list might be OK, but it is not possible
    to say for certain.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I would figure it probably sells for 60-75% of book raw. Modern in SGC holders is not all that desirable though the grading is reputable. Normally I figure about a 10-25% "BV" increase on a card in a 9 holder vs a raw one. (Modern only here folks). So that being said, my math works out to about $205. Maybe offer $200, let him counter at $250, meet at $220-230 and call it a day. Personally, I think $220 would be overpaying by a bit but those were tough cards, they don't pop very often and they are gorgeous in person. Plus you're a big Emmitt fan, so that's worth a little extra in and of itself.

Just my .02 of course. image

-Josh
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would figure it probably sells for 60-75% of book raw. Modern in SGC holders is not all that desirable though the grading is reputable. Normally I figure about a 10-25% "BV" increase on a card in a 9 holder vs a raw one. (Modern only here folks). So that being said, my math works out to about $205. Maybe offer $200, let him counter at $250, meet at $220-230 and call it a day. Personally, I think $220 would be overpaying by a bit but those were tough cards, they don't pop very often and they are gorgeous in person. Plus you're a big Emmitt fan, so that's worth a little extra in and of itself.

Just my .02 of course. image

-Josh >>

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Matt, Two points here. (1) How much is the card worth to you ? There are cards out there that I am hunting for like a mad man. I have my fiscal limits as well as my mental limits. I would pay dearly to own them. I used to buy coffee at starbucks ( $4.00)twice a day. On the surface I was out of my mind. But i really enjoyed the coffee there and and thought it was better than the crap at 7-11 or dunkin donuts. To me it was worth it. If you think that that card in that holder is worth $250-$275 and you can still live under your roof with a happy wife , go for it.

(2) If you offer a price that the seller rejects , you can couter bid 2 more times. If you run out of bids and want to go higher , I'll ante up for you.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    I think ENVOY put things quite well too.

If I was selling a card in similar manner I would probably be willing to sell for about 20% less than my asking price....hopefully you can snag if for around $225. Good luck...it is a nice card.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    neat card. i have no clue as to the value though. why not ask him his bottom line. cant hurt.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Pardon me but was Emmitt that great? I really don't know him that well, my main sport is baseball and football I watch when baseball season is over. LOL

I would say offer him $325.00, see what you get.
  • Options

<< <i>Pardon me but was Emmitt that great? I really don't know him that well, my main sport is baseball and football I watch when baseball season is over. LOL

I would say offer him $325.00, see what you get. >>

Lemme edumacate u image

link
  • Options
    .........I GOTTA BUY A EMMITT SMITH CARD!
  • Options

<< <i>.........I GOTTA BUY A EMMITT SMITH CARD! >>

Okay just dont try to get this one.

• Options
    Don't worry. =P
  • Options

<< <i>Don't worry. =P >>

Trust me, Im not
  • Options
    Is that a nick in the card (above the cert. auto stamp), or am I just seeing things?

Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options

<< <i>Is that a nick in the card (above the cert. auto stamp), or am I just seeing things? >>

I saw that too and asked him about it . He said it was just a "glare" or something in the pic

• Options
    Thanks all for the input!

Bombs away!

I'll let you know how it goes image
  • Options
    $225 should be a no-brainer for the seller.
  • Options
    Corners look ruff, not a modern guy try to get it cheap not much room to grow in value.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I have never seen that card before. Nice card, start low and have room to go up.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This thread confused me as i was reading it the past day or so. Some here were saying to offer more then the 'best offer' that the seller had listed. Also the seller had a BIN and a 'best offer' at 50.00 difference. How much lower could he have gone? 199.99?

Did ya get the Card matt? Someone did for 215?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I have never seen that card before. Nice card, start low and have room to go up. >>

I never saw it before either. The card is already listed on the E SMith composite. So all I have to do is crack and submit.

We agreed on a price, $215.00. Thats about $60.00 off of what he was asking.
  • Options

<< <i>This thread confused me as i was reading it the past day or so. Some here were saying to offer more then the 'best offer' that the seller had listed. Also the seller had a BIN and a 'best offer' at 50.00 difference. How much lower could he have gone? 199.99?

Did ya get the Card matt? Someone did for 215?

Steve >>

Yeah that confused me too. Someone said offer him $325.00?

Anyway, yes I got it image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice card Matt

I was gonna say offer him 210$ - you were in the 75% range - I think that was fair.

That auto collection is growing and growing.

Do you talk to Tonya before buying the card?

I always ask for permission after the card's in my hands. image

Congratulations. Did you take off the link?
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Nice card Matt

I was gonna say offer him 210$ - you were in the 75% range - I think that was fair.

That auto collection is growing and growing.

Do you talk to Tonya before buying the card?

I always ask for permission after the card's in my hands. image

Congratulations. Did you take off the link?
    mike >>

Thanks Mike.

Im selling a bunch of cards ending tomorrow and I will be using the funds from those transactions to buy this card. Kinda like "free play" money.

Yes, I removed the link image