Home Sports Talk
Options

David Carr trade rumors and other NFL tidbits

Teams with plenty of money to spend -- such as the 49ers ($42 million), Titans ($36 million) and Jaguars ($31 million) -- are likely to get involved in the bidding for Donte Stallworth. That will drive up the price tag and likely push the Eagles, with approximately $12.5 million available for draft picks and free agents, out of the running.
-- Newark Star Ledger

The Packers have a little more than a week to get Ahman Green signed if they want to prevent him from becoming an unrestricted free agent. Green seems interested in testing the market to see how much he's really worth even though his preference appears to be to remain with the Packers.
-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Many said David Carr couldn't handle the pressure of having a legitimate threat backing him up, so that eliminated Vince Young from the Texans' draft consideration a year ago.
-- Houston Chronicle

Trade rumors regarding David Carr are picking up. The Vikings apparently are in the mix, as are the Broncos, and perhaps the Jaguars and Panthers.
-- Houston Chronicle

Ron Rivera left on good terms with Bears President Ted Phillips and the McCaskey family and could be a viable candidate for the Bears' head-coaching job if Lovie Smith leaves -- particularly if the Chargers reach the Super Bowl.
-- Chicago Tribune

The Falcons do not want to lose Matt Schaub and plan to place a one-year contract tender on him, possibly in excess of $2 million, as well as a compensation attachment of a first and/or third-round draft pick. The high ransom could discourage some teams, however, a straight trade for a draft pick or a player should not be ruled out.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Many said David Carr couldn't handle the pressure of having a legitimate threat backing him up, so that eliminated Vince Young from the Texans' draft consideration a year ago.
    -- Houston Chronicle >>

Huh?!? I read the Chonic every day and never saw this.

That may have been an editorial...
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ive seen Schaub twice, he stunk both times. The bucs killed him a few years ago. I can't think of a more overrated back up player
    in the league.

JS
  • Options
    I love the CNN/SI Truth and Rumors page. Great for quick hits