Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL truth and rumors dept.

There have been rumors Denver might send Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell and their first-round pick to Houston for the Texans No. 8 pick in the draft, in the hopes of drafting Adrian Peterson.
-- Rocky Mountain News

Business or not, Ron Rivera's parting with the Bears was not his choice. The reality is that Rivera and the Bears would have parted company even if they had won the Super Bowl, sources have confirmed. The Rivera move wasn't about money. It was about power. No matter how the message is spun, sliced or diced, it came down to this: Lovie Smith fired Rivera.
-- Chicago Tribune

Team sources said Monday that negotiations between Lovie Smith and the Bears over a contract extension have heated up again, words that were reflected by the actions of a head coach planning to stick around for a while.
-- Chicago Tribune

What was the tipping point for Michael Irvin? When he neglected to tell his ESPN bosses that he had been arrested after police found a drug pipe in his car, or when he jokingly attributed Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo's athletic ability to a slave ancestry? Both gaffes played a role in the benching of "The Playmaker," but so did this: ESPN talent evaluators had mixed opinions of his work.
-- Chicago Tribune

Dolphins coach Cam Cameron said he has talked with Dan Marino several times and wants to continue tapping into Marino's NFL knowledge. Cameron declined to discuss Daunte Culpepper's status or any other team issues Monday because he did not want to deflect attention from Marino.
-- Miami Herald

Falcons defensive end Patrick Kerney plans to void the remaining two years of his contract - he's owed $13.8 million - next week, making him an unrestricted free agent, according to his co-representative, Rich Rosa. Kerney has a week to opt out of his deal, which he is expected to do, although he probably won't rush. According to Rosa, he wants to work out a new deal with the Falcons.
-- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The Steelers have the 15th pick in the draft. It's the second highest the Steelers are scheduled to select in the past seven drafts. Last year, they drafted two receivers in the higher rounds. That would not prevent the team from drafting a wide receiver with the 15th pick in April, their football operations director Kevin Colbert said.
-- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Adding a defensive end might become a priority for the Panthers. Even if Mike Rucker stays, there's not much depth beyond him and Julius Peppers. Stanley McClover played sparingly as a rookie, and the team might look to the draft or free agency for depth.
-- Charlotte Observer

Expect the Seahawks to look for the best player available. Defensive line and defensive back are areas the team might address. The combine will bring the entire Seahawks coaching staff together, unlike at the Senior Bowl, which was the first big predraft event for NFL teams. The Seahawks sent just a few coaches to Mobile, Ala.
-- Seattle Times

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There have been rumors Denver might send Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell and their first-round pick to Houston for the Texans No. 8 pick in the draft, in the hopes of drafting Adrian Peterson.
    -- Rocky Mountain News >>

The rumor I heard also involves our 3rd round pick.

Why in the world would anyone make a trade for Plummer knowing Denver is going to release him? It's not like he's a top tier QB.. It's Plummer for crying out loud.

I like Sage better anyways image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    the truth is that there is usually little to the rumors that come out at this time of the year regarding the draft. All teams play it so close to the vest it might be easer to get the Col's Sercet Spice reciepe.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There have been rumors Denver might send Jake Plummer, Tatum Bell and their first-round pick to Houston for the Texans No. 8 pick in the draft, in the hopes of drafting Adrian Peterson.

Why in the world would anyone make a trade for Plummer knowing Denver is going to release him? It's not like he's a top tier QB.. It's Plummer for crying out loud.

I like Sage better anyways image >>

Vince Young would have been nice, too...image
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I like Sage better anyways image >>

Vince Young would have been nice, too...image >>

Care for some more salt image

No one wanted VY more than me and now we get to face him twice a year image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts