Home Sports Talk
Options

Its official - Norv Turner is now the Chargers head coach

The team has so much talent I suspect they can overcome the handicap of a second rate head coach.

Comments

• Options
    Tuner is something like 25 games under .500 as a head coach. Wouldn't be surprised if the Charges don't win 10 games next year. The hurt themselves cutting Marty. I am a Browns fan, but I still think this is an awful hire
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the Chargers will be fine, not that it would of happened but Turner is better than Pete Carroll.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The team has so much talent I suspect they can overcome the handicap of a second rate head coach. >>

For a year, maybe, like the 'Boys with Barry Switzer. But after that it is downhill. Plus he sucks at Blackjack!
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marty is incapable of winning a postseason game, so Norv should be an upgrade as this team has far too much talent not to make the playoffs.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Doesn't anybody want to hire Mike Singeltary? Or Ron Rivera? Well, I think the Chargers will be good anyhow. So much talent on both sides of the ball. They were likely my pre-season pick with Marty, now I don't think so. The Chargers will regret firing a coach who went 14-2. That's tough to do. Still, they should win 10 or 11.

Jeff
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how John York and his wife feel about Turner leaving after rewriting his contract with the 49ers to give him more money to stay on as offensive coordinator after he interviewed for the Cowboys job? The 49ers were hoping that he would stay in SF to continue to groom and coach Alex Smith. With Turner gone, Alex Smith will have his 3rd offensive coordinator in 3 years. The scuttlebutt on Smith (as stated by his college coach, Urban Meyer) is that he does ok in a system but does not have the ability to make things up as he goes.
  • Options
    Good ole Norv! I was hoping that some poor team would snatch him up just for laughs next year! Six years as the head coach of Washington with an owner who spends money like nobody else, and Norv couldn't get it done! Not that the Raiders would have been a better team under somebody else, but he never had control or the player's respect in Oakland!
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well well, Norv Turner is turning another good team into a lousy one. Way to go, Chargers!!
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Well well, Norv Turner is turning another good team into a lousy one. Way to go, Chargers!! >>

Man, good thing they fired Marty. Norv will accomplish what Marty couldn't. Norv wont manage to take a good team to the playoffs and lose. Instead he'll take this bad team to an early draft pick.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Steve
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    Marty is probably getting a chuckle of the Chargers misfortune this season after he took them to a 14-2 record last year.