Home Sports Talk

DO NOT LET THIS EVER HAPPEN AGAIN>>>>

Man's body found in front of TV year after death
Television was still on, authorities say; body partially mummified

Updated: 1:06 p.m. ET Feb 17, 2007
HAMPTON BAYS, N.Y. - The partially mummified body of a man dead for more than a year has been found in a chair in front of his television, which was still on, authorities said.

Vincenzo Ricardo, 70, apparently died of natural causes, said Dr. Stuart Dawson, Suffolk County’s deputy chief medical examiner.

Police found Ricardo’s body this week when they investigated a report of burst pipes.

The home’s dry air had preserved his features, morgue assistant Jeff Bacchus said.

“You could see his face. He still had hair on his head,” Bacchus said.

Ricardo’s wife died years ago, and he lived alone, Dawson said.

“He hasn’t been heard from in over a year. That’s the part that baffles me,” he said. “Nobody sounded the alarm.”

Neighbors said they had thought Ricardo was in a hospital or nursing home.

“We never thought to check on him,” said neighbor Diane Devon.

image please check on LOVED ONES and NEIGHBORS!!!!!!!!!
succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies

Comments

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I wonder who was paying his bills, while he was dead? Electric, water, presumably phone. Although possible, something doesn't add up.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Usually someone smells something like that
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

What channel was he watching?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Baywatch
  • kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Maybe that's why the War at Home hasn't been cancelled yet.

Seriously though, what kind of cable and electric company is giving a year of deliquency before they kill the juice?
    Travis
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    It could be that his expenses were either covered by relatives who are too into themselves to even call periodically or subsidized by some program for elderly. Either way, this is a real shame. I'll admit, I don't always get a long with my dad, and he drives me crazy everyday (like my wife), but I'm glad we're all still living under the same roof so we can keep an eye on him if anything is wrong. He's over 80 and list of medical issues the length of my arm.

Remember that heatwave in France a few years ago? Over 300+ (it might have been more) elderly were left to their own accord and they perished under the sweltering heat. None of their family bothered to check up on them and many still had to be located once the bodies were discovered.
  • what about Mail? wouldnt the mail box be over flowing? and the smell?

weird.
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    He probably had them on auto pay from his checking or savings and had enough money/life savings to cover it for awhile. I agree the mail guy or the meter guy should have known something was up when nothing every changed for 1 year.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • The old guy may have lived in a condo or something, but if not, the grass would have been a jungle.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
    I don't buy it. The chinese menu guys would have picked up on it ... with over 500 menu's laying on his doorstep!.
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/

• << <i>I don't buy it. The chinese menu guys would have picked up on it ... with over 500 menu's laying on his doorstep!. >>

I'll have a quart of the "Moo Goo Dead Guy" please. image

• << <i>what about Mail? wouldnt the mail box be over flowing? and the smell?

weird. >>

I have to agree with Boba on this--the utilities on an autopay makes sense. But the mail piling up should have been an indicator--unless the mailman took it upon himself to stop delivering. I know we have a postal worker or two on the boards--guys, what is protocol in a situation where mail piles up?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>what about Mail? wouldnt the mail box be over flowing? and the smell?

weird. >>

I have to agree with Boba on this--the utilities on an autopay makes sense. But the mail piling up should have been an indicator--unless the mailman took it upon himself to stop delivering. I know we have a postal worker or two on the boards--guys, what is protocol in a situation where mail piles up? >>

Not if he had a door with a mailslot, that would just overflow right into the entry way and you would never know it.
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that his Social Security checks kept coming. He wouldn't be running out of money and having anything shut off.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.