Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I registered my first new set AND I'M RANKED #1!

Hi Everyone:
I registered my first set. It's a 100 Greatest U.S. Coins set listed under Famous U.S. Coins. I decided not to register all 100 of the coins because I wanted to avoid hard questions about how I got the supposedly "unique" ones. Remember, just because YOU don't have a coin and "everybody" SAYS it's unique, doesn't necessarily mean it's actually unique. Fortunately, PCGS is very discreet about such things. And in the words of cast member Fred Armison and Sen. John McCain from an old Saturday Night Live skit, I'M JUST KIDDING, except that I really DO have the $1 ranked set!
I am not kidding,

G99G
I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
C'mon!

Comments

• Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Please turn on your PM function image
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    I turned on my private messaging function.
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Some very nice coins. I especially like the accompanying pictures!
  • Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great beginning to the 100 greatest coins set. Love the 09-S V.D.B., the 1907 high relief double eagle and the 1797 half dollar. My favorite is the 1796 quarter dollar. Of course you probably just picked these coins out of dealer's junk box. image

Somebody sold their 10% stake in microsoft to purchase these coins! image

Congrats,

Tyler

Here is a link to the set Registry set link
  • Options
    Nice Set! Too much $$$ for me though imageimage
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    Great set . . .working on it myself, but a long way to go to get close to youimage
  • Options
    Thank you all! I had a hard time getting the 1916-D Mercury Dime to crop properly (the sides kept getting cut off), but somehow I managed to get it right. But I didn't get the coins out of a dealer's junk box - I got 'em all on ebay. And if you believe that, I've got some 1913 Liberty nickels I want to sell you!
    I am not kidding,

G99G

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Options
    Thanks all. I did spend pretty much all of my loose cash for these. It'll be a while - months, if not years, - before I can buy much of anything else. Of course, there's not many more on the 100 Greatest list that I can really see getting, under virtually any circumstances - unless I win the lottery!
    I am not kidding,

G99G

Every empty box?
    C'mon!