Home Sports Talk
Options

Cheating scandal overshadowing the race itself

Maybe it is just as well that NASCAR put this ugly business front and center right at the start and hopefully others will learn from
the mistakes of others and these things will not continue to happen in other races throughout the season. It sends a message but
the other race teams need to be listening.

Comments

• Options
    Congrats to Kevin Harvick (though I'd rather have seen Mark Martin win).

Great finish! Clint Bowyer (#07) crossed the finish line on his roof and on fire.

It's Daytona!
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Glad to see Waltrip finished near the back..
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I've never been more angry at the end of a race than watching that crybaby punk Harvick beat one of the classiest in Mark Martin.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>I've never been more angry at the end of a race than watching that crybaby punk Harvick beat one of the classiest in Mark Martin. >>

Agreed! And then to hear Martin summarize the whole thing by saying, "We just didn't get the job done" Classy guy that other drivers should try to model.
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've never been more angry at the end of a race than watching that crybaby punk Harvick beat one of the classiest in Mark Martin. >>

Agreed! And then to hear Martin summarize the whole thing by saying, "We just didn't get the job done" Classy guy that other drivers should try to model. >>

That's the whole reason why Martin is still driving--he came back because of the class/quality of young drivers in the sport today...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I'm no racing fan and I wouldn't even call it a sport, but that finish was outstanding. Two guys going down to the wire and the rest of the field literally explodes behind them. You just can't make it up. Is every week that exciting in NASCAR?
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Is every week that exciting in NASCAR? >>

No, not every week. But the 4 plate races (Daytona x2 and 'Dega x2) are usually pretty exciting towards the end. Some of the short track races are as well, especially Bristol. The 1.5 tracks are generally becoming a snore to watch though.
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Yeah most of them are pretty boring. Supposedly the COT is supposed to make the racing much better. It can't get much worse since it has been pretty God-awful the past 7-10 years.

I still like to use it for my Sunday afternoon napping background though.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>I'm no racing fan and I wouldn't even call it a sport, but that finish was outstanding. Two guys going down to the wire and the rest of the field literally explodes behind them. You just can't make it up. Is every week that exciting in NASCAR? >>

Pick your poison...4 road courses and round-e-rounds from ½ mile to 2.66 miles long.
  • Options
    ANYONE who is a true nascar fan knows that finish was the worst BS every seen.
    How many races have threw the caution on last lap?
    Well I can t say exactly,but it has happened many times!
    The fix was in on this race. Anything to promote one of the new PUNKS!
    Yes im a fan of some of those punks,but RULES are RULES!
    Right away talking , woow Boyer crash & burned across finish,WHAT,
    Throw the caution and that would NOT have happened.
    Sorry for the rant,just very disturbing for a true long time nascar fan.
  • Options

<< <i>ANYONE who is a true nascar fan knows that finish was the worst BS every seen.
    How many races have threw the caution on last lap?
    Well I can t say exactly,but it has happened many times!
    The fix was in on this race. Anything to promote one of the new PUNKS!
    Yes im a fan of some of those punks,but RULES are RULES!
    Right away talking , woow Boyer crash & burned across finish,WHAT,
    Throw the caution and that would NOT have happened.
    Sorry for the rant,just very disturbing for a true long time nascar fan. >>

I can only talk about what happened, not what might have been.

For a better "what might have been" rant than your's read this.