Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

I registered my first set!

Hi Everyone:
I registered my first set. It's a 100 Greatest U.S. Coins set under Famous U.S. Coins, but I decided to hold off registering all 100. I figured people would ask some hard questions about how I got the so-called unique ones. Remember, just because YOU don't have a coin and "everybody" SAYS it's unique, that doesn't necessarily mean it's actually unique. Fortunately, PCGS is very discrete about such things. . . . In the words of cast member Fred Armison and Sen. John McCain on an old Saturday Night Live show, I'M JUST KIDDING!image
I am not kidding,

G99G
I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
C'mon!

Comments

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Congrats on registering your first set.

Those are some really nice coins you've entered.
  • Thank you. Got no wife, no kids, so I can spend my money on nice coins. But I try to be a smart buyer and get good value for my money. Amazingly, I even got an upgrade on the chain cent from VF25 to VF30. Now I know how the prophet Joshua must have felt when he stopped the Sun in the sky!

"On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel: "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon." So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day."
    Joshua 10:12-13

This miraculous account of Yahweh, the Judaic & later Christian god, stopping the movement of the Sun was the basis for the Catholic Church's refusal to acknowledge Galileo's proofs that the Earth went around the Sun. The Inquisiton panel argued that the Sun could not have been stopped if, indeed, it didn't travel around the Earth.
    I am not kidding,

G99G
    I collect 20-slab, blue plastic PCGS coin boxes. To me, every empty box is like a beating heartimage NOT.

People come up sometimes, and ask me, G99G, are you kidding? And I answer them no, I am NOT KIDDING.

Every empty box?
    C'mon!
  • Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

<< <i>." So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies, as it is written in the Book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day." >>

Sounds like a couple days I had when in the army. image
    Dan