Home Metal Detecting
Options

SpamSpamSpam spammySPAMspam! Mmm! (giveaway winner is BentFork!)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yep, ol' LordM is spamming up the MD forum, with stuff for sale. Hope this doesn't annoy anybody. (If so, I will delete this).

Normally I would not make a habit of spamming this forum, unless I was selling something more on-topic, like a detector or TH-ing supplies. But I'm not.

This time, it's just coins. Nondug coins, that is- I never sell my dug ones.

Lots of coins. Old ones. Newer ones. Big ones, little ones. Most of them cheap.

Since not all the folks here frequent the coin forums, I thought I'd give you a heads-up since a lot of it is gonna go fast.

And to make up for the spam, I will offer a giveaway. I'll enter everybody who posts here into a giveaway for a little bag of prehistoric fossilized shark teeth. And if you buy some coins from me, I'll give you some free toothies, too. (Just be sure to mention you saw my links here.)

The winner of this no-purchase-necessary giveaway will be selected by random number generator sometime Monday or Tuesday, so please post only once to enter the giveaway.

Now, for the spammy part. imageimage

Here's my main pricelist for February. These coins range from $1.25 and up, with the vast majority being less than $5-10. As of my posting it, there are coins from the 1700s, plenty from the 1800s, and silver, too. Most of it pretty cheap.

If that isn't cheap enough for you, here is my "Dollar Daze" list, with everything on it costing only $1.00! (And yes, there are some oldies from the 1800s and even 1700s on there, and a little silver, too, if you are fast enough to grab them!)

Both lists are mostly world coins, but there are a few US coins on them, too. More US on the main list than the dollar list.

Thanks for your attention, and the spam will now cease! image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    Rob
    Put me in for your giveaway.

• Options
    Hello, Put me on the list. I will now go look at your wares. ;-)

Nice list of goods. I like that Morgan ;-)

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    As I recall spam wasn't so bad on a sandwich but it's been years since I had one. Good luck with the spamsale Rob !
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    You contribute so much to this forum with your diary entries, helpfulness, knowledge and entertaining stories, I feel you should post whatever you want. Good-luck with February's sale.
  • Options
    Enter me please!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Please enter me the giveaway and thanks for having it.

PM sent

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    Enter me as well LM and now I'm going to see what kinda a goodie's you got for sale.HH,Tom
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Please enter me in your giveaway also! Thanks.
  • Options
    a little spam history for you ....spam first started out as food for soldiers in wwii.....easy to carry, did'nt spoil, etc etc....when the soldiers came home from the war they wanted their spam which was'nt yet available in the supermarkets....because of that it soon became available for the consumer.....and the rest is history or so i'm told.....i buy about 6-10 cans of spam every summer in my effort to be prepared for hurricane season....in december i invite my neighbors over for a "spam a lot" dinner when we've been spared by the hurricanes......i still love the stuff but thats the only time we eat it....in 2004 and 05 it came in very handy as we where hit by hurricanes jean, francis, and wilma. theres nothing like cooking a slice of spam on a stick over an open fire......spam spam spam spam spam! and eggs!....hh

edited to add....i guess my story of soldiers returning home from war and wanting more spam is false....spam was out before the war , or so the website says....it was a good story while it lasted....dp
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    quite a selection you have there my man

very nice

jeff
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Your list jumps from "Egypt" directly to "France"! image

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    You were hoping Eithiopia?imageimage
  • Options
    I was just happy to see some Scandanavian coins to choose from!
  • Options

<< <i>You were hoping Eithiopia? >>

I have some Ethiopian pieces destined for the next list, probably.

Where this stuff came from are another 1,500 to 2,000 coins. Of course most of them won't make the "dollar and up" cut and will end up in my 3/$1 bin at the local antique mall, but everything that goes a dollar and up will be for sale... eventually. But I have to clear some of this previous inventory first.

Zot- there were some pieces from Finland on this list when it first appeared last July, but guess what? They went back home to Finland! The fella who bought them emailed me- I am not even sure he's a CU forum member. I have seen at least one small late-19th/early 20th century Finnish coin in the as-yet-unsorted material (a penni, I think), but not much. Of course I have stuff from 1960 onwards.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Gary- thanks for that link! image

Dang speakers ain't working on this 'puter, though. image

I'll have to revisit that one at work. Of course the skit was playin' in my head when I posted this title. image

• Options
    I sort of figured that was what was rattling around in your head. That's one of my favorite short Monty Python skits. I personally like spam, spam, spam, spam, eggs, bacon, sausage and spam. I love those guys. And now for something completely different...
    imageimageimage
  • Options

<< <i>I sort of figured that was what was rattling around in your head. That's one of my favorite short Monty Python skits. I personally like spam, spam, spam, spam, eggs, bacon, sausage and spam. I love those guys. And now for something completely different... >>

Monty Python is the best in obscure humor. I watch the TV episodes at night sometimes (can't think of the channel atm) and my wife looks at me like I have gone off the deep end. Being Mexican and English being her second language, she does not comprehend British humor at all.
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you announcing the giveaway winner tonight or tomarrow night..... image

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    The first person chosen by the random number generator is... me!

Whoops.

Okay. Let's try again.

BentFork! You won some fossils!

I already had some nice ones sealed up in your package that is going out tomorrow. Looks like I have to reopen it now and put some more in there!

• Options
    Thank you very much. Did that sound like Elvis? Probably wouldn't even in person. Many thanks. The entire family are fossil hounds. I don't have any shark teefers - so it will be a welcome addition to our collection. image
    imageimageimage