Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

First Mercury Dime

I picked this up on eBay the other day. It is, as the title says my first Mercury. After I won The Complete Guide to Mercury Dimes ATS I thought I would get one, and this is it. How does everyone else like it. I really like the color. I might have to start getting some more now that I have one image

Guess the grade if you like.

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think about MS65 but don't think it is FB.
    The mark on the neck might push it down to 64 but hope it is just the way the light catches there.
    Nice even toning.
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    I too like that color. The golden overlay is real nice. I like the strike too, it brings out all the detail.
  • Options
    Thats it...your addicted for life now! Welcome to the club!
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thats it...your addicted for life now! Welcome to the club! >>

Now you'll be stuck. Enjoy

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coin...image

64FB...image
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Nice dime, beautiful color. A real nice 64FB, and I'm not guessing! ;-D

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    You all have a handle on this better than I do. It is indeed a 64FB. I wonder how you could be so sure though...image
    Now I just have to save up again to buy some more image
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You all have a handle on this better than I do. It is indeed a 64FB. I wonder how you could be so sure though...image >>

From Florida also ?

Ken
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a real nice coin. Nice strike and beautiful toning.

Good score!imageimage

Jon
  • Options
    So, now that a few of the dime experts have responded, where would be my best bet at getting some more Mercs with a full strike without breaking the bank? I'll be a grad student starting in March and can't be spending too much on these, but I would still like something relatively clean or fully struck. Let me know where would be my best bet to expand my collection. As it stands, eBay will be where I look most often. Thanks for the advice in advance.
  • Options
    That coin is a great start for a new collection!

Garrow