ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
...is this for real?

pippen wants back in

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    It's about as real as Shawn Kemp coming back. So yeah, it's real lol.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    ha. he wants to start out play limited time on a playoff contending team. well, who wouldn't want to come back on a winning team?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>ha. he wants to start out play limited time on a playoff contending team. well, who wouldn't want to come back on a winning team? >>

Exactly. Namely anyone who's at one time or another played in the league. And every fan of the game. He shouldn't come back, and I honestly believe if ANYone signs him it'll be the Mavs.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    How old is Scottie now?
  • Options
    41 or 42
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see Moses Malone come back and play again. What I want to see is him play on a team that makes it to the NBA finals and have him give a media interview where I once again can hear him say "Fo, Fo, Fo"image
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, while we are at it, how about Darryl Dawkins coming back, playing again and taking all of the 19-25 year old crop of today's NBA Superstars on a trip to the planet "Lovetron". Can ya dig it?image
  • Options
    He is 41 and last played Feb 2004. Bottom line is this...If a team thought he could still play he would have been picked up by now.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he would be a good fit for the Lakers. He and Phil Jackson are familiar with each other. I think he could push them into contention.

Shane

• Options
    He wants to play for a contender and the Heat was the only team mentioned and that was b/c he has a house in South Florida
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Heck, while we are at it, how about Darryl Dawkins coming back, playing again and taking all of the 19-25 year old crop of today's NBA Superstars on a trip to the planet "Lovetron". Can ya dig it?image >>

Now I'd pay to see that - Dawkins was the man! Maybe he has one more Chocolate-Thunder-Flying, Robinzine-Crying, Teeth-Shaking, Glass-Breaking, Rump Roasting, Bun-Toasting, Wham-Bam-I-Am-Jam left in him!
  • Options
    Pippen wants to play because there is nothing else out there for him. He doesn't have any significant contracts, and he doesn't have a coaching or commentating job. He will not land with a team, even with Phil Jackson, because his skills are easily replaced with bench players. Good luck Scottie.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    He will have to wait for the day Jordan comes back so he can once again ride his coatails.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He will have to wait for the day Jordan comes back so he can once again ride his coatails. >>

Jordan never won a title without him, either...
  • Options
    Maybe Pip' can be a towel boy for the Heat.
  • Options

<< <i>...is this for real?

pippen wants back in >>

When Barkley was asked about it, he said that Pippen was feeling good because he hadn't done anything in over two years. If he couldn't play two years ago, why does he think somebody wants him now when his skills are even worse?
    There are two types of people in this world; those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...is this for real?

pippen wants back in >>

When Barkley was asked about it, he said that Pippen was feeling good because he hadn't done anything in over two years. If he couldn't play two years ago, why does he think somebody wants him now when his skills are even worse? >>

King Charles was ROLLING laughing about this Pippen story. Hilarious, and true.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    No team would be foolish or desperate enough to take Scottie Quitten.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    His year in Houston was absolutely awful and a sign for things to come.

The lasting impression I have of Pip is sitting on the bench, moping, while Tony K hits the game winner.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    "The lasting impression I have of Pip is sitting on the bench, moping, while Tony K hits the game winner"

fond memories image
  • Options
  • Options
    I have a 3-on-3 team in Maryland if anyone knows how I can get in touch with Scottie.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Pippen like Jordan and any other athlete in the 40 something crowd were getting posterized by young players who in the past would have been humiliated by these superstars. I went to see Jordan on his farewell tour with the Wizards and even though he could reach back and perform in spurts like the MJ of old you would have to be blind to see that he could not take over as he had in the past. What makes Pippen think he will have better sucess dealing with the pace of the game when one of the greatest athletes in sports history failed to do it.