Home Metal Detecting

Who will find the 1st Presidental Dollar coin?

If it's not frozen where you are it will be time to hit the local school playgrounds and tot lots and pick up a few of these just like it was when the SACs first came out.

Comments

• What makes you think the kids will have them? Why did they have the SAC's?
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRANDPARENTS give them. If they would have been out before Valentines Day a bunch would have been at school the day after. Kids have to show that they have something new. Then they lose them on the playground.
  • I agree with pocketpiececommems...even if I tell my boy not to take something to school, he has it out the door and lost before you know it. His new winter coat, gone during the first week. Marvel comic token's that his sister picked up for him at our local coin club meeting, gone the next school day. One day, he came home with a cell phone that some other second grader brought in and lost. A working cell phone, obviously it was easy to return as the child that lost it kept calling until we realized it was a real cell phone he was playing with. And I kid you not, one day, he lost his right shoe at school.

Rob

I believe he would misplace himself if that was even possible.
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    I was just reading on another forum. A guy in NY just got 10 rolls of the new dollar coins and gave one roll to his son to give out at school for presidents day. I bet there will be a few lost there.

• << <i>Who will find the 1st Presidental Dollar coin? >>

I've got my money on you Bob!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I taught Elementary PE for 32 years and it was amazing the amount of things that kids brought to school and lost. Money always came flying out when we did Jumping Jacks and expecially during the Jump Rope unit. If you want to see what kids lost check out Lost and Found. You name it and it's there. Even one shoe. I once had a student that showed me a silver dollar that another kid had sold him. It had been glued to some cardboard. I talked to the kid that sold it and he had five more. I asked him if his dad knew he had them at school and he said they were his. I called his dad and asked if he might be missing some silver dollars. He said that he had some but they were glued to a board. I told him that he might want to check and see if they were still there. He came back to the phone and told me they were missing and then he came right up to school. He was very thank ful to me.
  • OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    I picked one up at my bank today. Maybe I'll drop in the 6' snow drift out front and pop the batteries back in my Prizm II just so I can claim the honor? No, wait...not that deperate yet...VTH III may save me...if the questions ever get answered!imageimage
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who will dig the first one? My money's on it being you, or CoC, or loditom. But I imagine it will be two or three or four years before somebody finds one in the dirt. It depends on how much they circulate. I don't think they will, much.

I got my first dollar coin last year- a 2001-P Sac.

I think tot-lots will be the #1 place to look. I don't hunt them much, but I can see why that would be the most likely location to find one, with schoolyards and beaches coming in second and third.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I found my first Sac last November at a school that has been closed for 40 or more years. The ball fields at this particular school are now used by the local dog training group. It is always amazing where coins end up though. I probably will find several Chucky Cheese tokens before I find another dollar coin of any sort.