Home Sports Talk
Options

OT: Nascar Ejects Waltrip’s Crew Chief

It could also be known as the year of the cheat.

Michael Waltrip docked 100 driver points

Comments

• Options
    100 driver points, 100 owner points, indefinite suspension of both crew chief and VP of the team AND $100,000 fine.

Not the way to start the season, Mikey.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    I am not a NASCAR fan but I am wondering what they did that was so bad. I thought all pit crews cheat and its an excepted part of the sport.
  • Options

<< <i>I am not a NASCAR fan but I am wondering what they did that was so bad. I thought all pit crews cheat and its an excepted part of the sport. >>

Some of the stuff uncovered were little tricks to make the car go faster, I guess it would not be bad if everyone did the same thing but
    they don't so by doing it they gained an advantage over others. I don't follow NASCAR either but apparently they have
    looked the other way in the past on these things and have decided to no longer just let it slide by.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It could also be known as the year of the cheat.

Michael Waltrip docked 100 driver points >>

more response over here, huh?
  • Options

<< <i>I am not a NASCAR fan but I am wondering what they did that was so bad. I thought all pit crews cheat and its an excepted part of the sport. >>

Yeah well Jet Fuel and Jet Fuel properties aren't allowed, and certainly nascar will be tougher on Toyota than it has been on the "good ole boys".
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    The problem with NASCAR is their inconsistencies with penalties. Last year when Jimmie Johnson's crew chief got suspended, he got caught with a device rigged that adjusted the spoiler during the race. At Daytona the spolier angles are set and cannot be modified.

This year, The Evernham cars got hit for having holes drilled in their hood caps to reduce weight, something they claim they did all last year and nobody ever said anything. All 3 got suspended and had points docked. There are too many gray areas in the rulebook that almost make the inspections subjective. It almost depends on the mood of the inspector.

As for Waltrip, he must've done something real bad to be getting this much punishment.

Topps, I disagree with your statement that NASCAR will be tougher on Toyota than the other American car manufacturers. It was completely up to NASCAR to let Toyota into the series. There was no arm twisting involved, so I don't think that NASCAR itself has any resentment towards Toyota. Jack Roush on the other hand...
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>The problem with NASCAR is their inconsistencies with penalties. Last year when Jimmie Johnson's crew chief got suspended, he got caught with a device rigged that adjusted the spoiler during the race. At Daytona the spolier angles are set and cannot be modified.

This year, The Evernham cars got hit for having holes drilled in their hood caps to reduce weight, something they claim they did all last year and nobody ever said anything. All 3 got suspended and had points docked. There are too many gray areas in the rulebook that almost make the inspections subjective. It almost depends on the mood of the inspector.

As for Waltrip, he must've done something real bad to be getting this much punishment.

Topps, I disagree with your statement that NASCAR will be tougher on Toyota than the other American car manufacturers. It was completely up to NASCAR to let Toyota into the series. There was no arm twisting involved, so I don't think that NASCAR itself has any resentment towards Toyota. Jack Roush on the other hand... >>

Well, I'm not a follower of Nascar(I'm more a fan of open-wheel racing ie: not round-e-rounds lol) but there was a ton of internal badtalk about allowing Toyota into Nascar. Now, maybe on paper Nascar might like the idea but I'm seriously doubtful most members in the organization are. That being said, Toyota is putting A LOT of money into this venture.

I agree with the lack of regemented discipline for offenses. That needs to be addressed.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    I got to meet Michael Waltrip last year at a trade show and lemme tell you what a d*ck. Had no time for his fans, 3 hot dogs in one hand and signing auto's in the other. Acted like he was the only one in the place. I laugh at this incident.
  • Options
    Finished 9th in the qualifying race and will make the 500 on Sunday.

Barring any post race inspection failures.
    Travis
  • Options
    Gordon hit now for low car height during the qualifier yesterday. Will start 42nd on Sunday.

Perhaps NASCAR is building it's case for the new Car of Tommorrow (COT) that will be much more standardized and supposedly cost less to put on the track. Increased safety is one of their marketing points too. Think the COT races six times this year.

Some teams did not take the concept seriously and postponed testing and development. They are now catching up after realizing that it's a reality.

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFan scooped me on Gordon so I'll post something on driver James Hylton.

72 years old and driving 185 mph.

image to Mr. James Hylton!
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFan

The COT will be used at 16 races this year starting in March.
    Travis
  • Options

<< <i>SoFLPhillyFan

The COT will be used at 16 races this year starting in March. >>

Had the 6 right. Wow, didn't think they were using it that much this year.

This will be very interesting.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>It could also be known as the year of the cheat.

Michael Waltrip docked 100 driver points >>

I'm sorry, but isn't this the sports talk forum?
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but isn't this the sports talk forum?

Oops... forgot the OT: in subject line.
  • Options
    Boo - weren't you the one that started the thread on the end of online gambling?
    Travis
  • Options
    Boo - weren't you the one that started the thread on the end of online gambling?

Yep and he didn't even use OT! Shame on you BOO! LMAO
  • Options

He must be a fan of Waltrip.imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Boo - weren't you the one that started the thread on the end of online gambling?

He must be a fan of Waltrip.imageimage >>

Actually I'm indifferent. I was merely pointing out Boo's contradictory statement.
    Travis
  • Options
    Actually I'm indifferent. I was merely pointing out Boo's contradictory statement.

No problem here. I was just making fun of BOO. I like his post. Just thought it was funny. image