Home Metal Detecting
Options

I wonder....

If these guys ever come across any interesting relics or coins (assuming they have time to dig for them)?

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

I tell ya what, I'd much rather find a coin than an IED!!!!!! anyday!.........

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Gee... I wonder where you found that picture... (seems like were googling the same links)
  • Options

<< <i>Gee... I wonder where you found that picture... (seems like were googling the same links) >>

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've often wondered the same thing. Obviously, wartime is not the best time to go looking for goodies, and a number of NOT-goodies might be found, but I seem to recall reading somewhere about a very old buried hoard being discovered in London during the Blitz, when a building had been destroyed by German bombs and they were cleaning up the rubble. I think the WW1 doughboys probably made a find or two in the trenches, too, though I have not come up with any definite stories of such.

In fact, I think I remember reading somewhere about some sort of interesting artifact(s) being found by Rev War soldiers in the trenches around Yorktown. (Whether this was a coin hoard or Native American artifacts, I can't recall.)

It's interesting to speculate on.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.