Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I've seen some Crossover discussion here before, well here is my 1st try

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1976-D Kennedys in MS67 are nice to have.
    Congrates.image

Too bad the Ike did not make it.

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I just sent in 7 rainbow roosies and a rainbow merc all 67s some FB using my 8 free submissions....crossed 5 of 8...sounds great, but the 3 killer coins did NOT cross!! Seriously, I set up the submission from nice to great...and you guess it, they didn't cross any of the great ones!!! I love this game!! Guess they will stay in 67* holders until next year...image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    cointime can we ask the grade of the Ike that didn't make it? image
    Dan
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LindeDad,

Thank you. Did you look at my 1964 Washie coming? image

Rainbowroosie,

That is pretty good crossover, better that 50% image With my crossover I felt the half was better than the Ike, I do not try and line them up as I call them, but I thought I would try it this time. I like to put them in date/mint mark order, and let them tell me what they are impressed with image I've got 15 Roosies in there right now, I'll see. Just a quick thought of mine... By placing the coins in date order, this allows the grader to stay in a mind set of how some coins vary from year to year with different mints and strike characteristics. I like the fact you sent in all dimes and didn't bounce from 1 coin to another, sweet!

Dan,

Good question. The Ike is gold toned has a really nice obv fields and devices except for a very slight rub (typical) in the jaw area with the reverse being a typical MS65. The coin purchased on E-bay is in an ANI holder and I thought I would try to cross it at MS65 (not even remotely a MS66 image ). If I read them right the coin did not have enough luster plus the rub to justify a MS65. I may give it a quick dip and try it raw at a later time.
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOC,

Thanks! Not sure if it was just a fluke or maybe a price adjustment since the pop is at 28 now. Unlike a couple years ago the pop was around 18/19 and the prices were around $1200 - 1600. At 700+ the Buyers fee, I am very happy with it image

Ken