Home Sports Talk
Options

Hard hit to the Orioles...Benson out for the season

yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
Kris Benson wont even get to start spring training with the Orioles. He tore his rotator cuff doing pitching exercises. I feel bad for the Birds! Their biggest weakness is pitching and they end up losing Benson.

The Orioles picked up Steve Traschel. Get ready for long, boring games when he pitches! I dont think there is a pitcher in the major leagues that takes more time in between pitches. It's actually sometimes painful to watch.

Either way, good luck Orioles!

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read about Benson's troubles yesterday, really hate to hear about season-ending injuries before the season even starts. I hope he is able to pitch in 2008.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    That stinks. I actually had hopes that starting pitching could be a strength for the O's this year and in the future. They have some really talented pitchers early in their careers!
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>That stinks. I actually had hopes that starting pitching could be a strength for the O's this year and in the future. They have some really talented pitchers early in their careers! >>

Berdard and Cabrera. Cabrera is my darkhorse, no one even realizes HOW good this guy is. Add the former Braves longtime pitching coach, and that kid Cabrera is going to be a force.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    And Adam Loewen. He could be really good in another year or so...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>And Adam Loewen. He could be really good in another year or so... >>

Agreed. Loewen was the Canadian pitcher who shut down the U.S. for over four innings in the World Baseball Classic. This guy is heralded with a greater upside than Bedard.
  • Options

<< <i>And Adam Loewen. He could be really good in another year or so... >>

Where's he pitching at? I don't follow many O's prospects.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    topps- u got an aim name we can talk trade at ?? LMK THANKS
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    Maybe Guthrie can pick things up..
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tuff hit for the O's, glad their in our division.....
  • Options
    Jayson Stark has the Orioles as one of the three most improved teams in the AL. This is largely, if not soley, because of how much they improved the Bullpen. Its a shame that this injury happened. They have three young guys that could be great in Loewen, Bedard, and Cabrera. Especially when you add in Mazzone, as was pointed out in a previous post.. They still have Lopez. Who knows maybe after a year with Mazzone we could see some great improvement. He seems to alternate between good and bad years anyway. Last year was a bad one so that bodes well. Hopefully Traschel can give them something this year. They did not improve the offense much so they need the pitching.
  • Options

<< <i>Jayson Stark has the Orioles as one of the three most improved teams in the AL. This is largely, if not soley, because of how much they improved the Bullpen. Its a shame that this injury happened. They have three young guys that could be great in Loewen, Bedard, and Cabrera. Especially when you add in Mazzone, as was pointed out in a previous post.. They still have Lopez. Who knows maybe after a year with Mazzone we could see some great improvement. He seems to alternate between good and bad years anyway. Last year was a bad one so that bodes well. Hopefully Traschel can give them something this year. They did not improve the offense much so they need the pitching. >>

Lopez was traded to Colorado. Insert Jaret Wright in his spot. Wright's last good season was under Mazzone in Atlanta.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Mets made a wise move dumping Benson after all.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>First he loses Anna, and now this. It's been a tough past year for Benson. >>

Every time I think of Anna Bensen I think of how the 300 lb. Orioles janitor must have been praying to every available God that Kris would get caught with a couple hookers on the O's next road trip.
  • Options
    Have you seen Anna lately....plastic surgery run wild