Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

My Showcase for Toners (warning dial-up)

Just ten toners allowed, I tried to keep the set from being dominated by Morgans, just three of those. Enjoy.

-David

-David

Comments

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    WOW!!! Some nice coins you have there David... image
    Dan
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Some awesome looking coins you have there David.
  • Options
    Not only are they nice toners, but you have some serious freakin' cut and pastin' goin' on in those pictures with cert #'s, series #'s, etc. Man, talk about a lot of formatting work! You have some serious attention for detail my friend. image

• Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Not only are they nice toners, but you have some serious freakin' cut and pastin' goin' on in those pictures with cert #'s, series #'s, etc. Man, talk about a lot of formatting work! You have some serious attention for detail my friend.

Yah, that came out of an obsession to keep my coin image size as large as I could, and still fit all the label info on the image. When PCGS limited the size to 100K it was the only way I could do it. I gave up when PCGS changed their label format this last time. About the same time, they increased the max image size. It was a good excuse to stop doing all that freeken work. It took a LONG time to cut and paste all that stuff.

-David
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    I love Morgan dollars but that 39-D Merc is a killer. What a great coin. image

-------------

etexmike
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Its like looking at a sunset, over and over and over.

Very nice indeed.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great coins David. Love those mercs.
  • Options
    i love your half dime
    "Everyday above ground is a good day"

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Those are really nice.

Forgive the ignorance of this question, but besides looking really cool, are toned coins like that more desirable/valuable? I have 2 graded dimes that my dad got me when we were in a coin collecting phase that started to tone like that. I have been lurking on this forum for a while and had assumed toning was a bad thing until I saw this thread.
    Thanks
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Forgive the ignorance of this question, but besides looking really cool, are toned coins like that more desirable/valuable?

Yes, they are generally worth substantually more when they are toned like that. Post some pics on the U.S. Coin Forum and we'll try to give you an idea of what yours are worth.

-David