Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1975 Topps FB Collectors- case-fresh racks for sale- LIVE RIP!!!

Hello and please forgive the spam, but I just purchased a case-fresh 1975 Topps FB rack box from Steve Hart at the BBCExchange, and I'm looking to unload some of the packs to offset the cost. I will be listing some on ebay in a few weeks, but I figured I'd give the board members a shot first.

Each pack will be $125 plus shipping for board members (I'm going to list them at $135 on ebay). To give you an idea of what you can expect, softparade and I went in partners on a 3 box case of 1978 Topps BB (he took 2 and I took 1), and I averaged 1 PSA 10 per pack and a about 8-9 PSA 9's. Since the '75 box was pulled out of a fresh case as well, I'd expect no less out of this box.

Anybody on the boards that buys a pack will get a random pack from the middle of the box. Steve will be shipping the case today, so it should be here by the end of the week.

Lee

Comments

• Options

My email is ssgunnip@yahoo.com

Can you email me your payapal address?

Thanks
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    I need a 9 quality grade for Vikings Gary Larsen & Mike Eischeid to complete my team set. Keep me in mind. Thanks
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    lee,
    i'll take one off your hands. lmk where to paypal.

thanks,
    LD

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I just bought two cases of '86 Topps baseball vending, and since I'm feeling unusually charitable this evening I'll offer you a one time one-to-one trade- a vending box for a rack. PM me your mailing address and we'll get it done.
  • Options
    Boo, no sense in risking damage to the vending box by sending it through the mail. Just send me one each of the many PSA 10 Nolan Ryan's and Cal Ripken's you're guaranteed to pull from the cases and I'll send you the rack.

Lee
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Since you're in Maryland I'll also include any NM or better Larry Sheets or Ken Dixon cards I hazard across. Wow--looks like my charitable outlook has extended to the late morning hours. Please, for the love of God, somebody STOP ME BEFORE I GIVE AWAY MY SON!!!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    If you happen to strike gold and score a PSA 9 Lenn Sakata, I'll trade you the whole box of racks.

Lee
  • Options
    I just received the '75 rack box today and I have to tell you, centering is better than I expected. I looked at a few racks at random and we're looking at 60/40 at worst on any one card showing. What I'm going to do to make it fair is open one rack and scan the best cards out of the group. That way, anybody buying them will know what condition to expect.

I'll get some scans up as soon as possible of the box, a few individual racks, and the cards I pull out of the rack I open.

Lee
  • Options
    Here are two racks I pulled at random from the top of the box:

I opened one rack and these are the 12 best condition cards I pulled. I think all should be 9's, with a few having a shot at a 10:

Lee
  • Options
    the marcol is sweet.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    SUPER SWEET!

Gary Larsen & Mike Eischeid --- Also Eller & Yary are only residing in 8 holders -- so looking to upgrade those as well. Once again, really great rack image
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lee,

Is that DOG HAIR all over those card savers ? image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    PM sent.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Lee,

Is that DOG HAIR all over those card savers ? image >>

At least they aren't curly.
  • Options
    I had two cats, and my girlfriend moved in with her two cats. Everything I own is covered in hair.

Lee
  • Options
    paypal sent

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Paypal sent.

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I'd like two racks. Send me your email address for paypal payment. Thanks.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    Barkus- pm sent. Thanks.

Lee
  • Options
    lee,
    i think you messed up. i have received the rack, however it had a swann and fouts on the back. do you want this one back? maybe i should have it slabbed. btw, very nice packaging job.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    I'll take one. Can you please send me your paypal address? amontero5@aol.com

Andy
    Always looking for 1915 Cracker Jack in PSA 7's & 8's!
  • Options
    I'll buy any NM/MT+ Dolphins that anyone pulls.

Regards,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    LD, Actually the one I sent with Swann on front and Fouts on back was the worst one in the box. There's one that has Swann showing on top and bottom of every section, there's one with all Cowboys stars showing, there's one with all Steelers HOFers showing, and there's one with a 1952 Topps Mantle showing- you figure that one out.

But seriously, glad it arrived to you safely. If you crack it, feel free to post the results.

psa9man- I just sent you an email.

Lee
  • Options
    Lee, if you have any left I'll take one. Just pm me with details.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Options
    pm sent mike. Thanks.

lee
  • Options
    lee,
    i have cracked and i'll try to get scans tonite.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    i'm planning to send these 6 for grading out of the rack. several others look very clean with very very minor corner bends. you have to get it in the light to see it just right. the cards look very appealing to the naked eye. lee, thanks again. btw, i decided to keep the fouts and swann in the pack.

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Three really nice cards of HOFers image

I'd never seen that AFC championship game card before. That pic isn't from that game. Bradshaw wasn't wearing that facemask then and, more tellingly, that game was played in Oakland with the Raiders wearing their black jerseys and Pittsburgh in white.
  • Options
    LD,
    Looks like you got a crappy pack in terms of starpower (I assume you would've scanned any big dollar card regardless of condition). Based on the scans, I think you could pull a 10 on the Champs and the Holmes, and the rest are slam dunk 9s, but not the greatest pack ever.

Because I feel bad that your pack wasn't great and I want to have a little fun, I'm going to bust a rack and split the results with you. Anything that grades I'll put on ebay and we'll split the profits.

Lee

ps- And if you think I'm using this as en excuse to bust another pack, well you might be on to something.
  • Options
    Lee,
    sounds great. after these grades pop (i'll be sending tomorrow or tuesday) i may be in for another rack myself if you have any left. image

i tried to pick out what i thought were 9s at least (the upshaw is bordeline with centering and the print marks). after reviewing some of the others from the list below, i may have another one or two to add.

note: you were right on the starpower. i'd say the majority of the cards listed below would 8. some have the slightest touch of corner bending from the tightness of the rack packs. here's the list of the remaining cards:

sam davis
    greg brezina
    bob johnson
    roy gerela
    ray brown
    jim youngblood
    mike bragg
    claude humphrey
    roger wehrli
    preston pearson
    bob hoskins
    levi johnson
    mel tom
    raymond chester (oc)
    art thoms (oc)
    po james
    terry owens (oc)
    rufus mayes
    bob howard (oc)
    ron yankowski (oc)
    fred carr
    ron shanklin (oc)
    chip myers (mc)
    earlie thomas
    marv bateman (oc)
    tom mack
    bob hyland
    george webster (oc)
    joe taylor (oc)
    ron smith (oc)
    elvin bethea

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Here is the pack that David (LDfberg) and I will be splitting:

I went with this one because of the miscut card showing (top center) for two reasons: 1) I wouldn't feel right sending this pack out to someone who paid full price, and 2) I wanted to know if the centering was indicative of the cards inside. Here goes......

Lee
  • Options
    First section:

• Options

Can't complain about that. Also, I need to clean my scanner.

Lee
  • Options
  • Options
    Second section. This is going well.

• Options
  • Options
    HUNTER!!!

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    And there you have it. Two nice RCs, and a major card of one of the best QBs of all time. I think the Bleier is a 9, and the Theismann and Staubach are 8s. I think there are at least 5 or 6 other 9s, and hopefully a 10 somewhere in there. We'll see. That was fun.

If anybody else is interested, I have 8 racks left at $125 each plus $3 shipping. If you won't do it for yourself, do it for me. Please. The temptation is overbearing.

Lee
  • Options
    Nice looking cards overall. I see a few potential 10s in there. That Super Bowl Card is tough!
    Jeremy