Home Metal Detecting
Options

My Detector is at the post office and I'll be picking it up this morning....

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's freezing cold this morning in central WV but I'll be picking up my new Bounty Hunter II at 8:00. A friend of mine has a rental house that he's given me permission to hunt on until it's rented out. The house was built in the 1870's and has an even older house site next to it. The overgrown pine trees have been cut back and I'll be looking for the area where the clothes line used to be. This area of Campbell's creek used to be a prosperous old coal mining community. In fact, the older house site was the first house in the area to have gas lights. There is an old metal drum that held the carbide, still in the yard.

Later tonight, I'll post a pic of all the silver I find image (If the ground is not too frozen)

Really, I might be lucky enough to find.....Brass mining checks/tags, scrip, toys, and the real possibilty of silver. More than likely, I'll end up with zinc mason jar lids, vienna sausage cans, aluminum pie pans, and scrap metal image

Comments

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Find where the outhouse was and detect the path from the back door.
    Good Luck.
  • Options
    Good luck with the hunting! I'm located across the river from Parkersburg, and the weather isn't cooperating with me. I got permission to hunt several old home sites and can't wait for a break in the weather.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Bounty Hunter works great. The new one has four tones whereas the last one I owned only had three.

image Ground is frozen solid.