Home Metal Detecting
Options

Token ID question

While ratting through some of my old detector finds, I have a Good For Token that I found 10 years ago at an Indiana fairground. At the time, I lived about twenty miles from the guy who wrote the book (Lloyd Wagaman) on Indiana tokens. He did not have this token listed in his book so he took a rubbing of it to include in the revised edition. Wagaman has since died and the token has not been listed. I found that a local coin dealer acquired all of his notes and info but the rubbing was not among the papers. I need to find a person, place or website that can research this token and get it listed. It could possibly be a rare or unique token. Any help would be appreciated.
DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, I need to get his opinion on one I dug in SC in the summer of '05, during our Virtual Treasure Hunt II. I still haven't nailed an exact ID down on it. (As well as probably half a dozen local pieces I've found here over the years.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks Lord M. I will check him out and see where the dust settles. I have a couple of other tokens I found with my detector that need to be checked as well.
    DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT
  • Options
    that looks familiar... is that the token you dug for me in VTH2 lordm?
    I collect bits and pieces of everything
    or should I say I ACCUMULATE!
    I also dabble with the darkside image

Ive recently gotten more into currency, especially modern star notes