Home Metal Detecting
Options

Anyone else watch "Cash and Treasures"?

Travel Channel, Tuesday nights 10PM?
Due to the rottan weather I haven't gotten out since December so this show,along with the forums, has kept the cabin fever down.
The last few weeks they have gone hunting for,Gold, Diamonds,Sunstones,meteroites,aquamarines,Sapphires,Truffles and Thunder eggs. The dug a Civil war encampment, dug privies and dove on the Atocha.

Cash and Treasures

Comments

• Options
    I watched it last night on the meteorites and bottles.

That gal Becky sure likes to get down and dirty image

I was struck by the prices they estimated on the meteorites. I guess it is like any other collectible; you can say it is worth $xxx but until someone actually buys it it is only a number.
  • Options
    I've seen every episode so far!
    Love it!

I hope to be a member on one of the next civil war hunts that group goes on. We'll see how my chance in the lottery goes.image

BTW- they replay it Saturday afternoon at 4:00 and 4:30.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    great show!...at least for us dirt surfers....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Good show. I watched the one on megalodon shark teeth recently. Been there, done that. But they were wading waist-deep in water and screening them outta the silt. I picked mine up on dry land (which had been pumped up from the dredges in the channel).

The other segment I watched that night was on the western NC mountains, where I used to live. They were doing some gemstone mining. I too have done that, but only at a touristy stand- I didn't go out with dynamite like they did!

If they ever have all the episodes for sale on DVD, I would be a potential buyer if they weren't too expensive. All too often they want crazy prices for TV shows on video, unless it's the really moldy-oldie stuff.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Yep I watch that show it is real cool.
    Last night on the bottle digging they were in my hometown of Medford,Or. and boy was I looking for some landmark'simage
    I think I know where they were at on the last dig where they were tearing up the black top.

Anyway cool show.
    HH,Tom