Home Metal Detecting

Isn't that a CROCKofCOINS

Mr. CROCKofCOINS,

Ok, so I'm thinking of getting myself a MD but have never used one before but was curious about the bottom of your messages.

---2007---
CROCKofCOINS
CLAD COUNTER
Pennies:259
Nickels: 46
Dimes: 136
Quarters: 113
Half Dollars: 1
Dollars: 1-Sac
Silver:
Bills: 1-5 Dollar Bill
Total Coins: $48.24
Total Amount: $53.24

So how many times you been out this year already? Or I guess, about how many hours you been detecting would be a better question. Or is this counter not referring to what you have found while detecting this year?

Thanks in advance for the response.

Rob

I believe I will always keep the first thing I find once I get my detector.
4/92
4/123
-----------
Invested $216.76
Return on Investment $0.68
Found but keeping $.15

Comments

• That is what he has found this year so far. He blows us all away when it comes to finding change though... so dont expect those similar results.
  • I'll be happy to find anything and won't be expecting much. Yeah, he's found that much change in a little over a month? I wonder, does he work in a bank and just take his detector to work with him?

Rob
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Found but keeping $.15
  • I actually made that same accusation a few months back...
  • kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'll be happy to find anything and won't be expecting much. Yeah, he's found that much change in a little over a month >>

I worked hard last September (I think it was) to get out and detect as much as possible (probably got out 20-25 days that month), we had a decent month weather wise and I would try to even get out in the evenings for a couple of hours, sometimes right up until dark. Put in alot of time on the weekends as well. That month I got somewhere around $40+ worth of coin- over 500 pennies (most dug individually-no great stashes). It was alot of work doing it and by end of month my body felt it, found like 4 silver coins, quite a few wheats.

Couldn't imagine doing it every month and finding that much stuff either, I hit a couple areas hard that were productive, but soon even they were cleared out mostly. Seems to me you would have to be really working some great spots and putting alot of time in doing it. The exercise is good though.
  • >>The exercise is good though.<<
    Amen. ;-)

Sat. AM. I start around 5 or 6 AM. I hit local play grounds-Tot Lots- Some have wood chips and some have sand. I hit and run... Some school yards are open. I hit the sand box or wood chips.
    Some of these schools take an hour to cover the play area.
    I do it all over on Sunday AM. Just different school's and tot lots.
    About 3 hours each day.

I live on the coast...so I also have 30 to 40 miles of beach North and the same South of me.

I don't spend a lot of time in the grass or dirt.

Hit and run, that's it. I still work a 40 hour week. So just hunt on weekends.

Ask others on this site, I have been showing the same average finds for two years.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    Crock didn't even win the total finds that many times last year. More often than not he came in second to Pocketpiececomms. His totals really blow us all away.

I know Bentfork won in december with a bit over $57 and I won back in April(Pocketpiececommems took the month off)
  • Thank you Doc.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage

• << <i>I don't spend a lot of time in the grass or dirt.

Jerry >>

So I guess grass and dirt isn't the way to go for quantity. Thanks for the reply and I wish the bank I worked for would let me bring in a MD.

Rob
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Found but keeping $.15
  • It all depends on where you go and what you hit.....

I used to work 2 jobs in SJ....towing and IT. Used to go out after an accident was cleared....here is one where there were a couple of cars involved.

Text

After the highlands games in Livermore, CA .... between me, my son, and 3 other detectorists (?) we cleaned up over $100 in change from the grass around the bleachers,sitting areas, vendors and booths.

Text

After concerts, football/baseball games......there's also any construction areas...ie..sidewalks being replaced... I even found a couple of 2 cent'ers where they were replacing the lights in a parking lot.

Text
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Hey Walker, don't kid yourself. If you can get out to parks or beaches a couple times a week you can expect around $5-$20 a week. Seriously. When we vacation to Tahoe each year for 10 days I usually bring back about $40. Probably would be more if the commander in chief didn't have activities planned. Once you start hitting them quarters it'll add up quick. And if you strike a Sasquatch or SBA, that's even better. Don't forget too, unless you plan on keeping the silver jewelry you find, that will add up also. Just send it off to a smelter, it's money! image
    imageimageimage
  • DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭
    I can't wait for the kids to start losing those new President dollar coins.

• << <i>I can't wait for the kids to start losing those new President dollar coins. >>

YES ! ! !
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Ditto
    imageimageimage

• << <i>I can't wait for the kids to start losing those new President dollar coins. >>

I suspect you'll be waiting a long time. I don't think these coins will circulate at all.
    Bob