Home Sports Talk
Options

247 yards a Td and an INT = MVP??? Rhodes or Hayden

Rhodes 113 and a TD
Hayed sealed it with the Pick 6

Absolute Joke Manning got MVP

even tho i hit the Colts and the under- still- no way!!
Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS

Comments

• Options
    With no enormous standout you have to give it to Manning. He had a good game passing in the rain and all.
  • Options
    247 a Td and an awful int is not a "good game" its an average game- 113 yards and a td imo in the rain is better than 247 a td and an int

just my .02
  • Options
    I must have missed something. I thought Grossman got the MVP!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    gemmintman said it the best.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Peyton who?

Rhodes was the MVP.
  • Options
    Bob Sanders IMO should have won the MVP trophy,he forced 2 huge turnovers. Manning made one great play, the TD to Wayne while he was in a Bears defenders grasp.
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    Not a terrible choice for MVP, but I thought Addai and Rhodes would share MVP honors.

65% completion percentage in terrible conditions after a very very early int sounds like a great game to me...and wasnt that Bears defense supposed to be top notch? Looks like Petyon shredded them pretty good, no?

• Options
    alot of dink and dunk tho- bears D didnt do as bad a job as it looks like- 10 catches for addai looks like they shut down the deep threat nicely-

• Options

<< <i>alot of dink and dunk tho- bears D didnt do as bad a job as it looks like- 10 catches for addai looks like they shut down the deep threat nicely- >>

Oh come on, that Bears defense is full of overhyped idiots - namely mr. overrated urlacher. He got owned all night. And how did mr. gun possession get out of state? Special injunction? What a crock of s***. Look, the bears OVERRATED defense got completely dominated...they got ONE sack, little to no pressure all night, and the Colts dominated them on both offense and defense.

Dink and dunk? Get real, man.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh come on, that Bears defense is full of overhyped idiots - namely mr. overrated urlacher. He got owned all night. And how did mr. gun possession get out of state? Special injunction? What a crock of s***. Look, the bears OVERRATED defense got completely dominated...they got ONE sack, little to no pressure all night, and the Colts dominated them on both offense and defense.

Dink and dunk? Get real, man.

Axtell,

Where's your Bucs avatar?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>247 a Td and an awful int is not a "good game" its an average game- 113 yards and a td imo in the rain is better than 247 a td and an int

just my .02 >>

An awful int?????? What game were you watching???

Throwing a deep int on 3rd and 12 is not awful, it's the same as a punt.

Manning was average, I agree. But Addai and Rhodes probably split votes, and although I would've loved to see Sanders win it, it wasn't going to happen.

Manning throws for 400 yards and loses, or has a good game and wins, some of you continually want to throw him under the bus.

An awful interception....image
  • Options
    Let me guess...another ur-lack-er lover in the house?

He's the token white guy who's hyped by the nfl these days...used to be jason 'I'm married to someone way outside my pay scale' seahorn, now it's urlacher.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's the token white guy who's hyped by the nfl these days...used to be jason 'I'm married to someone way outside my pay scale' seahorn, now it's urlacher.

You forget the token white guy Super Bowl MVP. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Unlike urlacher, Manning has the skills to go with the hype.

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I agree that Sanders had as much impact on the game as Manning. But look at it from the Bears side, if they had Manning they win the game. The quarterback is the most important position on offense and he did not make a bad play at all after that first series.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options

<< <i>With no enormous standout you have to give it to Manning. He had a good game passing in the rain and all. >>

exactly
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Addai and Rhodes deserved co-MVP honors - they were the reason the Colts controlled the clock, and the game. Peyton had a decent game, but he was hardly the clear-cut MVP.
  • Options
    Ctsox,

Just wanted to say hi, and make sure there were no 'hard' message board feelings between us image.

I hate single game MVP's, but I for once would like to see an offensive line get the MVP in ANY football game, as that is where football games are won or lost. The other players get waaay too much credit.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Skin, how are you? No hard feelings at all, thanks for asking - image

I agree 100% with you about the offensive line - especially in tonights game. I'm sure they were one of the key reasons Addai and Rhodes looked so good tonight. (See, we agreed on something!)

Thanks again for the concern.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Very solid" could be said about 30 men in that game.

I thought Addai's 10 catches and 130 yards were key. Nobody really stood out, but agree that the Colts O line or the RB's shone brightest.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Part of the reason why those running backs get good yards after the catch, or good running plays is because of the passing threat of Peyton Manning. Without that very serious threat, the Db's and safties don't play as far back....then no extra yardage for the guys out of the backfield.

Football is the ultimate team sport. Your only as good as the guy in front of, and behind you, allows you to be. In this case Peyton Manning is the CLEAR focal point of the opposing team's defense. In a sense, the defense is 'giving' the backs some of those 'easy' gains, so they can take away the bigger down field threat.

A QB who has a running back that achieves the same defensive considerations(like a Troy Aikman had) gets a little too much credit. His running back occupies the defense in a similar manner. Aikman was no slouch himself, and there you have a formidable opponent. Add a top notch defense, and it is no wonder they won all the time. Team sport!

Like Hester. The Bears are gettting great field position on every kickoff, even though Hester is not returning any of those balls. I didn't look, but it seemed the Bears were starting at the 40 yard line all the time, and still didn't do anything offensively.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    The old Colts would have thrown the ball down in the red zone but did not for some good reasons. One the Bears are a ball hawking defense and feed on turnovers in this area the Colts decided not to give them many chances with risky plays. Two the weather played a factor in the play calling close to the goal, getting some points is better than none. Three, after the Bears proved they could not move the ball on them I think the Colts played it conservatively on offense knowing that once they had the lead it would be tough to catch them. Remember that Vinateri missed a FG, one XP was muffed and they could of kicked another FG at the end of the game but chose not too. Add those in and it would of been a blow out.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    I was thinking about this on and off today and here's the reason I think Peyton was the right choice. The award is for the most valuable player, not players. To split it between running backs, or divide it up amongst the offensive line doesn't keep in true spirit with the award.

Now as far as which player was the most valuable in that game, do you honestly believe that the Colts would have won that game without Manning? I don't. The same cannot be said for Addai or Rhodes, or any of the offensive lineman. In fact, one of the Colts starting offensive linemen, Ryan Diem, was lost early in the game and seamlessly replaced by Charlie Johnson.

How about the 36 yard run by Rhodes in the second half. Did you see the size of the hole he ran through? It didn't matter that it was Rhodes. It could have been Addai. Heck it could have been just about any RB in the league on that play, the hole was HUGE.

Now back, to Manning. How many other QBs in the league would have made the 53 yard TD pass to Wayne with a Bear's defensive lineman almost hanging on him? How many other QBs in the league would have come back from 8 points down under those field conditions and played virtually mistake-free for the last 55 minutes of the game? Brady, maybe? Certainly not Colts back-up QB, Jim Sorgi. No, Manning was the most valuable player to his team yesterday. I don't see it any other way.
  • Options
    Petescorner, you are right. The most valuable player is Manning. Without him behind center, everything changes, and the running backs no longer have those big holes. Manning was far and away the best football player on that field...regardless of his measured performance.