Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

YN GIVEAWAY: PONY EXPRESS So-Called Dollar HK 583/589: ALL GIVEN OUT, Happy Collecting to you YNs

I have 8 of the coins on the left, HK483 Pony Express commemoration from 1960, and 2 Pony Express Termination medals from 1961, HK489, the image on the right.

If YOU (the reader of this post) are a Young Numismatist between 6-16 AND you have an interest in so-called dollars, reply to this thread to hold your medal (there are 10 only) and PM me your address and I will send one out to you. These are MS65 quality, red medals in bronze.
Dr Mikey
Commems and Early Type

Comments

• Options
    Thanks so much for this very generous giveaway. PM with my address sent. I'd like a Pony Express Termination medal.
  • Options
    Awsome, thank you for the givaway. Looks like a really cool and collectable coin. Thanks

Joe
  • Options
    Great giveaway,I would love to put one away for my Grandson Tyler, he is just now getting into watching the old black and white westernds with his Papa image Thanks for the chance ,MoJo
    pm sent. take care,MoJo image
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    My 9 year old YN is into tokens and medals. He gives it image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 Accounted for, 6 left to give away......
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    I have 4 commems so far.

Sign me up!
    TKC!
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Options

<< <i>If YOU (the reader of this post) are a Young Numismatist between 6-16 AND you have an interest in so-called dollars, reply to this thread to hold your medal >>

While my 10-year-old daughter is not the reader of the post, I know she would love one. Is that still fine?

Rob
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    Sure Rob, you are number 6 with 4 to go
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    PM sent and hope you have some left! image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    My name is michael. I'm 13 and i collect medols and tokens. I wouold like one of those SCD's if they're still available.

Thanks,
    Michael

I had my son get up and actually type this so here's his entry. At the Salt Lake show this weekend he bought himself (4) tokens and medals so this is right up his alley.

Millertime
  • Options
    THe above 8 were sent out today, Feb 5, from my office in NJ
    Two more to go;

"so-called dollars" are medals that were privately struck to commemorate historical events or persons; there are medals commemorating the Columbian exposition, Pan Pac exposition, and many other historic events for example. Some have Washington or Lincoln as their theme and some are polictical in nature. A number of these have tie-ins to Mint issued classic commems, such as a modern medal commemorating the Oregon trail using the same reverse design that is found on the Oregon trail commem half from the 1930's. So calleds are a relatively inexpensive way to find beautiful medals that bring history to life; NGC now certifies so-called dollars and slabs them for collectors.
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent
  • Options
    Please enter my son, Stephen in your wonderful giveaway!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • Options
    ALL 10 have been mailed out, thank you and I hope we make a few new collectors of "so-called dollars" with this giveaway...
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    CommemDude,

Jaylyn got her coin/medal last night and loved it. Thanks for the write-up that talks about it; we both love to read that type of stuff.

Tonight, we've been invited to come to the CNA (Cincinnati Numismatic Association) meeting. This will be our second one and I guess we'll have to join since she plans on us going every month. Last month we learned they have "Show and Tell" at every meeting. She was struggling with choosing between her recently completed Franklin half dollar set and 4 other coins somebody else on this forum had sent her. Well, last night, you solved the problem. One of the first things out of her mouth was, "Can I take this to show and tell and take the other coins next month?” Yeah, I'd say she liked it. I still find it funny that the stuff given to her by total strangers means so much more than the coins we've picked up together.

Thanks for adding to her desire to stay in the hobby.

Rob
    4/92
    4/123
    -----------
    Invested $216.76
    Return on Investment $0.68
    Found but keeping $.15
  • Options
    Thanks Rob; keep collecting together....my fondest memories of my own father are us filling a whitman album with mercury dimes out of circulation. Mike C
    Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    I got the Pony Express so-called dollar today. Thanks! image
    What Mr. Spock would say about numismatics...
    image... "Fascinating, but not logical"

"Live long and prosper"

My "How I Started" columns
  • Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
    My son received his yesterday and all he could say was wow.

Thanks again,
    Millertime
  • Options
    Hey, I got the coin yesterday (lol internet wasnt cooperating). Just wanted to say thanks, it looks really cool, Thank you.

Joe
  • Options
    I just got mine today, and it looks great. Thanks a lot!