Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Art work? Need some help w/year

I paid $20 for this art work. The dealer told me he bought it as part of a lot so he doesn't know much about it. I have looked in a partial set of 1977's but cannot find it. Could it be from a different year? Thanks in advance. Paul
#1 2000 Blue Xceptional Set(and #2 and #3, it's a sickness)
1933 Giants

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

That is from the 1977 Topps set.. #369 Terry Humphrey.
  • Options
    Man, That was fast. Thank you very much!
    1933 Giants
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was gonna say Paul - the artwork matches - here's another from that year.

And Shaw stopped playing in the 60s - so ya have to have the set to check the artwork on the back.

Nice pickup for 20 bucks! Is there a stamp on the back or blank?

mike

edit to add: BTW, I believe that artwork was supposed to go with card #51 and was changed.

Mike
  • Options
    Stone, It turns out that I have the card! I went through the partial set 2 times and missed it! This was one does not have the Topps auction stamp on the back. I have another piece on art from the 70 set that does have the stamp. There is a guy on Ebay who has several and they all have the light blue line with the red number on them. They were all from the 77 set so I was frustrated that I couldn't find it. He wants a lot of money for his, though.
    1933 Giants
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Stone, It turns out that I have the card! I went through the partial set 2 times and missed it! This was one does not have the Topps auction stamp on the back. I have another piece on art from the 70 set that does have the stamp. There is a guy on Ebay who has several and they all have the light blue line with the red number on them. They were all from the 77 set so I was frustrated that I couldn't find it. He wants a lot of money for his, though. >>

Just out of curiosity - what's he asking?

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Anywhere from $119 to $499.
    1933 Giants
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭