Home Metal Detecting

Hawaii

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think we may be going to Hawaii this month or next.....I deserve a nice weather vacation!
So, assuming I can find affordable rates for airfare and lodging (Waikiki beach area in Honolulu), I was wondering....anyone from here ever detected there? Is it allowed on the beaches?
I know they are pretty protective of their beaches but that they are also public....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Never detected there but the Outrigger Reef hotel in Waikiki is decent. there's a bar in the underground parking of the hotel called "Harry's Underwater Bar" (or at least there used to be). The view behind the bar is a glass window into the deep end of the hotel swimming pool. The walls are completely lined with currency from all over the world with handwritten notes on them. It's a popular spot or Navy sailors from all over the world to congregate. I happened to be in the bar the night the U.S.S. Tripoli arrived back in pear harbor after their ship had hit a mine in the Persian Gulf. The place soon filled with sailors on their first shore leave after the attack. I spent somewhere in the range of $3,000 on drinks that night. image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard of a lot of folks beach- and surf-hunting there, obviously.

It would be interesting to see somebody do some inland hunting.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I wouldn't be doing inland, myself, as I am going there for nice weather and beach image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• I'm holding out for CUBA !! (once Castro kicksimage

Fantasizing about Pirate Treasures buried & forgotten.....

aarrgghhh