Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SAE sets grades just received

Sent in a box of 10 SAE first strike sets and received 3 reverse proof 70's and 1 proof 70. The average on the rev proofs seems to be about 10% so I done well. I sent in 5 sets a while ago and got no rev proof 70's and 3 of 5 of the proofs were 70's, so a little bit of a flip-flop. They received them on the 4th so I must have done something to wrong on the form to take so long!

Randy

Comments

• Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    How about the ms coins?
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sent in a box of 10 SAE first strike sets and received 3 reverse proof 70's and 1 proof 70. The average on the rev proofs seems to be about 10% so I done well. I sent in 5 sets a while ago and got no rev proof 70's and 3 of 5 of the proofs were 70's, so a little bit of a flip-flop. They received them on the 4th so I must have done something to wrong on the form to take so long!

Randy >>

Yes, you done well, but would have done better when F/S 70 RP's were bringing $3k. But then you would have to be able to sleep at night knowing someone possibly paid $2k too much. Then again, who knows what the future may bring, certainly not I.
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • Options

<< <i>How about the ms coins? >>

I hadn't even thought about it - was only focused on the 70's!

All 10 were MS69. I just checked the pops and it looks like a good 90% are 69's. Too bad they couldn't bend the rules a little and sneak in a couple 70's!!

I just checked completed auctions and thats not a bad coin...$300-400 for First Strikes. The last one I sold a while back I think I got $70 or so! Curious as to why they're so hot.

Randy
  • Options
    Way back a FS reverse proof went for $5000. I know because I had one and decided not to sell it.
  • Options
    so who are the buyers that pay that $ for those coins? are they well-informed buyers or just trying to jump on a bandwagon?
  • Options
    In November there were a few that paid $5000 on e-Bay. I even saw the complete set 70/70/69 go for $9000.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Great grades. Congratulations.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file