Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

DOES ANYONE HAVE A COMPLETE 16 VOL. JOHN J FORD COLLECTION OF STACK'S AUCTION CATALOGS ??

I was wondering if anyone had a complete 16 volume set of the Stack's auction catalogs published for the John J Ford, Jr collection?

But what I really would like to have is a Heritage Legacy publication circa 1989 of the 1st part of an interview with John J Ford. I have the 2nd part published in 1990. I would be willing to beg, borrow or buy a copy.

Thank you for your assistance.

AC

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure many of us have all the Ford catalogs ... I certainly do !!!
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    I probably have a few extra copies of that Legacy around but they're packed in boxes............somewhereimage
  • Options
    Put me first on your list for the 1st interview with Ford in Legacy. Email: rzornes@centurytel.net

Many thanks - AC
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Stack's really pulled out the stops for this one - I think there are quite a few folks that have been mailed complete sets.

Could be going out on a limb here, but it's probably not a stretch to say that the Ford sales may signal a seachange in American numismatics - I think some of these non-"traditional" areas have picked up quite a lot of traction lately. A full set of Ford sales on everyone's shelf has a lot to do with that.

Biddles - Karl Moulton is advertising part I of the JJF interview in his latest catalog. It's actual the Spring '90 Legacy. His email is numiscats@aol.com. If he doesn't have it, you can ask the ANA library for a copy which they will do for $5 plus copying costs.
  • Options
    Its done. I just emailed him.

Many thanks - AC
  • Options
    They more than pulled the stops. At shelf price of $50 a copy for each of the 16 volumes they have been mailing out Christmas presents with reckless abandon for the last several years. I know I have a set and it's been a very long time since I purchased anything from them.

Today I called Stacks out of curosity to see if a person could purchase all 16 volumes. The front desk indicated that it was doubtful they had all 16 volumes remaining.

The bottom line is these catalogs are going to be worth a lot more than some of the coins we are collecting.

It is hard to fathom how deep Ford's knowlege of early American History ran. At least it is beyond my comprehension.

AC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file