Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is it me or has the BST gone down the tubes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    crispycrispy Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I almost got ripped off yesterday on the BST. I posted a want to buy and got someone who tried to scam me. If it wasn't for me asking him why he had 3 different email addresses and 2 different names he used at paypal, and asking for his username here on the boards I would have sent my money flying out the door.

To all, if you post want to buy over there please ask tough questions if you do not know the person.

Michael >>

Good catch. The audacity of some of these thieves sickens me.

"to you, a hero is some kind of weird sandwich..."
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    It is more a place to push Ebay sale IMO
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I wish the BST board was for coins for sale just there and not Ebay.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I almost got ripped off yesterday on the BST. I posted a want to buy and got someone who tried to scam me. If it wasn't for me asking him why he had 3 different email addresses and 2 different names he used at paypal, and asking for his username here on the boards I would have sent my money flying out the door.

To all, if you post want to buy over there please ask tough questions if you do not know the person.

Michael >>

Glad you didn't get ripped off but could you give us some more info? Ie....was it someone who just emailed you and wasn't a member here? What was the alias/email he used?
    Let's protect others when we find these things.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought some nice coins at good prices on the BST, but the usual fare is slightly overpriced stuff in not quite the quality you expected.

I will add that a "coin wanted post" by a knowledgeable forum member allowed me to hook him up with a smaller dealer who had what he wanted at a good price for a very desireable type coin. Both parties were happy and a win-win for the BST.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    I agree with all who have spoken out about the ebay posts, they should NOT be allowed.

I buy on ebay and I buy here. When I go the the BST forum I do not want to have to sort through all the ebay posts. I am looking for something here NOT on ebay, I have already been to ebay.

I do not agree with PGCS only coins on the BST forum. Coins are coins.

• Options
    They should make a subforum for people who are putting coins on ebay to advertise.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Neuter anyone that fails to put ebay in the title of their thread....better yet kill the ebay garbage completely.

Start a new subforum for bullion.
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. No eBay ads on the BST. If one can put an eBay link in the sig. line of their posts, that should be more than enough free advertising. That would really free up the BST for buying, selling and trading coins amongst the participating members of the boards. Perhaps, if someone wanted to advertise their eBay ad, they should put it on a new classified ad board, and pay for that ad. The money could go to pay some goombah to delete BST eBay ads. image
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Check out my occasional listings. I don't think they're garbage in any way. >>

You have some well-written and cordial advertisements, I enjoy reading them.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I wish there were more classic adds to buy there before going to Ebay and I hate the Ebay post in general; but I've picked up some good deals there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file