Home Sports Talk
Options

Poll: Who will win the Super Bowl and by what margin?

zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Please feel free to comment as well as vote...
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Bears 6
    Colts 3
  • Options
    Bears 17
    Colts 13
    If the Bears score first.

Colts 27
    Bears 10
    If the Colts score first.

My money is on the Bears!
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted Colts by 10+ but if you had a Colts by 21+ category I would have picked that. It'll be a blowout, the Bears defense is just going to look silly in this game.

Colts 34 Bears 10
  • Options

<< <i>I voted Colts by 10+ but if you had a Colts by 21+ category I would have picked that. It'll be a blowout, the Bears defense is just going to look silly in this game.

Colts 34 Bears 10 >>

I quoted you for a reason.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quoted you for a reason.

Okay, but do I at least get some credit for not picking two final scores based upon who scores first?

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colts win the game 1 - 0
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gut tells me it won't be close. Something on the order of 31-13 (Colts). Sadly, most SBs are blowouts.

I have a feeling Rex is gonna crack, and even a great Bear defense won't be able to save him.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Colts 34......Bears 24.......Refs 7
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bears 34 - Colts 24.

Edit to add: Dallas Clark is the X Factor in this game. If the bears can avoid using Briggs or Urlacher on him and still neutralize him it will be a long day for Manning. I guess that means Hillenmeyer has to shut him down. The Pats had them stymied with Colvin on Clark, but when Colvin went out of the game the offense opened right up. One to watch.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    34-17 indy
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    Colts 28 Bears 17
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colts 23-17. (Although I voted Colts by a 7- 10 margin image )
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    My SWAG is Bears 27-24.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Colts 23 Bears 13
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I said Colts by 7-10 but it wouldn't surprise me if this is one of those games where the heavily favored team loses either due to over confidence (which I would doubt by the Colts) or the underdog being PO'd by the lack of respect (more likely).
    Travis
  • Options
    Ditka and the Bears - 78
    Da Cuults - 2 (Safety of Grossman)

Remember these Chuck Norris Facts

1. When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down
    2. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, Chuck Norris can actually roundhouse kick you yesterday
    3. There are no such things as lesbians, just women who have not yet met Chuck Norris
  • Options
    Colts 42
    Bears 6

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    I've been a Rex Grossman follower (i.e., from Florida to Chicago) since he was out of high school.

All these past years, I kept on hearing, just how bad Rex Grossman is, how he should transfer out of Florida, how he can't throw, how he has no heart, and much the same in to pros in Chicago land. How he should be traded, he should be benched in favor of a real quarterback like Griese, how his QB rating stinks, how he only "shows-up" ever other game, how he doesn't win games rather the defense wins them for the team, and yadda, yadda, yadda.

College: Well all u Rex Grossman ney sayers out there, Rex Grossman's career pass efficiency rating of 146.77 ranks 19th in NCAA history . (That's all-time history of all QBs! Not too bad for a "so-called" so so QB!)

Pro Football: In Rex's first full season he lead his team to the super bowl with a record, so far of 15-3, with one more game to go! Not too shabby!

Good luck to u Rex!

rd

edit:

Bears 17
    Indy 13

In a defensive nail biter

Other Rex college stats:
    55 career touchdown passes is a NCAA Division IA record for most TD passes in a combined freshman-sophomore seasons.
    23-8 record as a starter (18-4 in SEC play)...Holder of 18 UF records.
    Second in Florida school-history with a 61% career completion percentage with a minimum of 400 completions.
    Had a school-record 17 career 300-plus yard passing games, and became the first Gator to throw for 300-plus yards in more than three consecutive games.
    Holder of 18 UF records.
    And a ton of other records.

• Options
    who cares... just please stay under 49 image
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>who cares... just please stay under 49 image >>

Do not worry, the Chi-town D-FENSE will plug up Manning's cornholio.

...and Rex & company will do the rest! image

rd
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I think that Brian Urlacher is going to tear that field apart. The Bears D will be lighting up the Colts. I'll actually be rooting for the Colts but I think the Bears will win it 24-16. I'll give the Colts 1 TD and a few field goals. I think 21 of the Bears points will be scored by Defense and Special Teams. Grossman will get lucky enough to get in the Red Zone once for the 3 point field goal.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    It’s going to be like this, folks.

Sunday will not be a banner day for Rex Grossman. He will do just enough to keep the Bears from being blown off the field, but his early mistakes will be too much for the Bears to overcome. His First Quarter foibles will really put pressure on a defense that will need all the help it can get against an inspired Peyton Manning, who will come out of the gates looking extremely sharp.

A late Bears TD will make it look respectable, but the Colts will prevail, 30-20, in a game that won’t have seemed that close.

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Bears 26
    Colts 24
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    It wont be close

38 - 10 Colts win
  • Options
    As of now the spread is 7. Based on the voting so far, the majority here would pick the Bears +7 in a 26-18 poll of people guessing the final outcome.

Interesting. I'm glad the game will be played on the field. It seems as more announcers are giving the Bears less of a chance against the Colts than they did against the Saints.

The Bears are fired up. Indy's D looked good for 2 games all season. If they let up their season average over 19 games they've played of 21+, they are going to lose.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef, hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I think Chicago's D is overrated at this stage and that Manning will light them up & win the MVP going away.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Zef, hope I'm wrong for your sake, but I think Chicago's D is overrated at this stage and that Manning will light them up & win the MVP going away. >>

I hope you're wrong too. image

But you likely are right on the money. I am not sure that Peyton will light them up, but in many of the Colts win this year he hasn't had to in order for the Colts to win. The Bears are a long shot, no question.

But of the games they have played against like opponents, the Colts are +18 in four games(2 vs Pats) while the Bears are +22 in 3 games.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Sun 9/10 at NY Giants W 26-21
    Sun 9/17 Houston W 43-24
    Sun 9/24 Jacksonville W 21-14
    Sun 10/1 at NY Jets W 31-28
    Sun 10/8 Tennessee W 14-13
    bye
    Sun 10/22 Washington W 36-22
    Sun 10/29 at Denver W 34-31
    Sun 11/5 at New England W 27-20
    Sun 11/12 Buffalo W 17-16
    Sun 11/19 at Dallas L 14-21
    Sun 11/26 Philadelphia W 45-21
    Sun 12/3 at Tennessee L 17-20
    Sun 12/10 at Jacksonville L 17-44
    Mon 12/18 Cincinnati W 34-16
    Sun 12/24 at Houston L 24-27
    Sun 12/31 Miami W 27-22

I sure can't understand , after looking at the Colts season, how anyone thinks Indy will "light up" one of the top NFL defenses. Look for a close game.

imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options
    <<< the majority here would pick the Bears +7 in a 26-18 poll of people guessing the final outcome. >>>

This is the world famous CU Sports Talk forum jinx whenever the majority picks the outcome of a sporting event. Colts will now easily win the game.

-
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Bears by 9

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

• Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Bears 23
    Colts 21
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    In true Bears fashion .. Da Bears 55 and that other team 10.

Seriously, I've been a long time watcher of the Colts. They are not my #1 team but sure are fun to watch.

Since moving to the Chicago area it is all Bears here like no other place I've ever lived. This team is just starting to come into their own with Rex. Too bad about Brown and Harris missing out on this experience. The Bears are setting up to have a short window to get back here again.

All that said, Go Bears. Sorry Peyton.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Colts 34
    Bears 13

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    BEARS:34
    COLTS:21

• Options
    3 seconds left on the clock, no timeouts remaining, Vinateri from 47 yards out - here's the snap, it's off and it's...GOOD!!!!!! Colts Win!!!!! Colts Win!!!!!
  • Options
    Something like 7 out of the last 10 super bowls have been decided by 7 or less points.
    As Baltimore and Tampa bay showed us, great Defense and an average QB can win the Big one.

Bears 21-17

give me liberty or give me death
    my hotelsimage
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I'll go on record for a 24-20 Colts win

Geordie
  • Options
    Colts won't lose this game.

Colts 27
    Bears 20
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colts 34
    Bears 19

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Well, i'm going with...

Da Bears
    GO BEARS!!!
  • Options
    Bears, 7-10
  • Options
    Michigan.........you are right on with your score so far! Good prediction!