Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone had a good claim history w/ DSI or U-PIC on lost International items?

Just wondering what the experience of others has been with 3rd party insurance. As a separate issue, in some cases it can also be very tough to prove an item has actually been lost. An example. If you ship an item, paid for through Paypal, to an overseas buyer and delivery is delayed and arrives very late this can cause some huge headaches. When the item doesn't arrive on time (30 days or less) the upset buyer initiates a claim and you are quickly dinged with a chargeback. Shortly thereafter the item arrives at the overseas PO having taken 60+ days and that arrival is documented. You can't prove the item was lost since it wasn't, it just arrived late. So you can't prove up a loss to the insurance company and you may have a hell of a time recovering the item from the foreign postal service. Yeah, it happened to me and I've been waiting a year for coins to be returned.......and waiting. And as the buyer will not cooperate I have no idea if he later went back and claimed the coins. Items were sent USPS Air Parcal Post insured. Good 'ol USPS!

Comments