Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I was going through some rolls today and found some really cool die breaks

I have purchased/accumulated 100's and maybe 1000's, of rolls over the years and was bored tonight, so I thought I would go through some. I opened up an original roll of 1960-D Lincolns and all 50 coins had a die break, right across Lincoln's forehead.

This is a first for me and I thought I would share. You will have to excuse my crappy excuse for a picture though:

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation

Comments

• Options
    Know as the "lobotomy variety."image
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    By the way is it common to have an entire roll of die breaks? I guess I thought that coins placed in rolls was a random thing.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    I believe it is. Several years ago I bought a Mercury that came from an original roll, and all the coins had the same die cracks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file