Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

for a 1/1 you would think you get the best.

Comments

• Options
    ahhh i hate those. Why are they even made if the autograph can't even be seen? It's plain stupid
  • Options
    NewJerseyMeatHook II
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should I buy a clearly signed ball or this 1/1. Ill think about it.
    Or a PSA 7 T206 red back. I just dont get these type of prices for modern cards.
  • Options
    Disgusting. The way these companies are destroying priceless treasures to put the scraps on worthless cardboard is an abomination. "Cuts"--they could have easily fit the whole signature on the card, but then it wouldn't fit the pre-molded "section". I'm surprised they didn't buy a declaration of independence and put that through a paper shredder and stick those on cards, too. Or did they?
  • Options

<< <i>Should I buy a clearly signed ball or this 1/1. Ill think about it.
    Or a PSA 7 T206 red back. I just dont get these type of prices for modern cards. >>

Duh. This is the absurd "buy it now" price. It wouldn't receive anywhere near this in an auction format.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i'd rather find a cut sig and have Knuckles make a card..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    it's garbage. next thing you know we'll start to see Triple Relics with fragments of the shroud and maybe slivers of the cross. Maybe they can start to cut up masterpieces......get a piece of the Mona Lisa with a Rembrandt cut. Thank God they haven't gotten their hands on the Declaration of Independence but if they did, we'd see it on ebay in no time, in one of those nice thick new holders.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>it's garbage. next thing you know we'll start to see Triple Relics with fragments of the shroud and maybe slivers of the cross. Maybe they can start to cut up masterpieces......get a piece of the Mona Lisa with a Rembrandt cut. Thank God they haven't gotten their hands on the Declaration of Independence but if they did, we'd see it on ebay in no time, in one of those nice thick new holders. >>

I can't wait to get Van Gogh's ear slabbed in one of PSA's new thick holder. I guess that would give new meaning to the PSA/DNA designation.
  • Options
    The modern card market is such a farce. shreds of cloth, pieces of dirt encased in plastic, Ken Griffeys left molar etc.

Inserts, chase cards, blah. garbage.
  • Options
    Junk.
    My sets:
    1977 Topps Star Wars - "Space Swashbucklers"
  • Options

<< <i>The modern card market is such a farce. shreds of cloth, pieces of dirt encased in plastic, Ken Griffeys left molar etc.

Inserts, chase cards, blah. garbage. >>

While older packs from the 60's and 70's didn't contain "shreds of cloth" there were certainly an assortment of cards one may consider to be inserts. Not every collector will like the vintage stuff and not every collector will like the new stuff. Many collectors like me prefer both. To each his own. I'm just glad people are still buying sports cards of any variety rather than pokemon and yugioh stuff (which took many kids out of sportcards for a while).

Inserts in packs go back to at least the 1960's. I'm under the assumption these goofy embossed cards were inserted in 1965 Topps packs...
    "One you start thinking you're the best then you might as well quit because you wont get any better" - Dale Earnhardt
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the price it's not worth it. Paying 5k for a signed check that was cut and placed into a card is a joke. And this 1/1 even cut out part of the actual auto. Ty cob. what is that. I like the old stuff more bc it has more of a history. It is alot harder to find bc people thought they were just cards and didnt save them. Now to make a new card worth something you have to start off that there is only one of a certain card. A joke. What will they cut up next.
  • Options
    Come on-

Ty Cob was even faster than Ty Cobb was, so his cards should be more valuable
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    For $700-$1000 you can buy a Ty Cobb Check and write 1/1 on it. You'll have the full autograph and then some! image
  • Options
    A few years back I got a card that had DIRT from Piazza's home plate in a Stadium Club pack. A Co-worker liked it and I took his $20 offer for it.

DIRT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????????????
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭