Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hey Fred, I saw you on TV the other night.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
I believe it was on the travel channel, and it was a program about the minting process and errors in general. Nice work, it was an interesting program.

JJ
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Options
    Me too, was it called Secrets of the US Mint or something?
    ---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to admit it but I learned a thing or 2 from the show too. The assay portion, planchet prep, rolling presses, etc. were all easier to understand when seen rather than read about.

It was fun to see a few familiar faces from the Salt Lake City ANA auction during the show.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    raysrays Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Shiba loved it.image
  • Options
    poorguypoorguy Posts: 4,317
    Too bad they don't sell copies of it. Anybody have it on DVD or know where to download it?
    Brandon Kelley - ANA - 972.746.9193 - http://www.bestofyesterdaycollectibles.com
  • Options

<< <i>image >>

---------------------------------------------

"The Villain"

Shiba Rescue Organization
    A Shiba Inu is a terrible thing to waste! image
  • Options

<< <i>I believe it was on the travel channel, and it was a program about the minting process and errors in general. Nice work, it was an interesting program.

JJ >>

Yeah, I think I've seen that before, but it was on the Science channel. I believe the interview was at a Chicago ANA?
    -George
    42/92
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Too bad they don't sell copies of it. Anybody have it on DVD or know where to download it? >>

I didn't record it, but it will air again on 2/26.

JJ
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    If it's the same show I'm thinking about, our friend Laura can also be seen. They had a quick segment on the, whatever year it was, nickel auction.

Interesting show!!

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    It was a pretty good show. My only gripe about it was that narrator was just plain boring.

-David
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been two good shows on the
    U.S. Mint and the Minting Process.

One was filmed at the Chicago ANA back
    in '99, and the other at the Salt Lake City
    Money Show, when the 1913 Nickel was
    sold by Superior.

There was another show done a few years
    ago, mostly concentrating on the Canadian
    Mint -

And, last weekend, on "How It Is Made", there
    was a 7 minute segment on "How Commemorative
    Silver (Proof) Coins Are Made" - also from the
    Royal Canadian Mint.
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recognized Julian, Bob Bruce, Laura, the superior staff, a few other familiar faces but the names escape me.... image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file