Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

February Special . . .

Anyone know yet?
NewJerseyMeatHook II

Comments

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's special because of that whole Valentine's Day thing...? Anyway, if you have a significant other, be sure to show her how much you love her on Valentines! image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    I'm actually really interested about the new special myself. If anyone has called, I would love to be the 2nd to know.
    -Ryan
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    I called late today and the rep I talked to said it had not yet been announced.

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    On the front page now:

1-$10 Modern Pack special
    2-$13/5 days (approx.)
    3-$10/10 days for modern patch cards
  • Options
    Mega BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Ryan
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>
    3-$10/10 days for modern patch cards >>

This is the same price as a regular modern submission with a higher value
  • Options
    Another month of waiting...probably good for me as my new son is coming next month and I have to much going on to sort cards.

Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Looks like i get another month off as well.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    What bugs me about the special is the "guaranteed" turn around times. It seems to me that they're already swamped and falling behind . . . those poor souls that submitted their cards around Thanksgiving are going to have to wait a little longer while they whip out these 5 and 10 day turn arounds.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    2-$13/5 days (approx.)

seriously, why don't they just change their "regular" service to $13? That special has been running continuously for I don't know how long.
  • Options
    2-$13/5 days (approx.) = L-A-M-E.
    NewJerseyMeatHook II
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I know I'm in the minority, but I'm actually glad they're more or less taking a month off. I've got a ton of stuff there right now which I'd like to get back before the Rapture, so anything that keeps the flow of 1991 UD Dave Winfield cards down to a critical mass gets my (temporary) seal of approval.
  • Options
    Boopotts....I like you more and more everyday!!

geez...when is it going to be enough of the low end specials??

They're already behind....people are b*tching about turnaround times...and yet they still want to swamp them with more stuff...
    Oh and while we gets hoards and hoards of cards graded....then complain that they're not worth anything anymore!!

If you ask me...they're giving away too much with all these $5 specials. Give it a rest and let the help get caught up...as well as the retail market too!!
    YES...I've had this conversation with Joe too....

Guess I'm in the minority as well...
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Boopotts....I like you more and more everyday!!

They're already behind....people are b*tching about turnaround times...and yet they still want to swamp them with more stuff...
    Oh and while we gets hoards and hoards of cards graded....then complain that they're not worth anything anymore!!
    >>

I don't think they are that swamped or that behind. I think there are certain orders that are stuck in the back of the closet which sucks and is what we here all of the complaints about. For the most part , they were rollingthe special invoices out at a pretty good clip.

also this is the 2nd week month in a row for specials

add in the set registry special , we have tickets , patches , and modern packs. not a very popular grouping that will induce a backlog

<< <i>when is it going to be enough of the low end specials?? >>

I don't need a special , just wish the 50's and 60's bulk were 25 cards instead of 50. and modern bulk was 50 instead of 100. I don't mind paying the regular prices , jsut don't like to send 100 card invoices for modern and would rather send more 25 card invoices on the 50's 60's stuff instead of larger invoices. to pay $10 or $13 on these cards is not worth it so I just have to wait for the specials.

I bet if the bulk quanities were at 25 and 50 they would get more regualr subs and get more money , there wouldn't be much of a need to wait for the lower price specials to send in the cards.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't need a special , just wish the 50's and 60's bulk were 25 cards instead of 50. and modern bulk was 50 instead of 100. I don't mind paying the regular prices , jsut don't like to send 100 card invoices for modern and would rather send more 25 card invoices on the 50's 60's stuff instead of larger invoices. to pay $10 or $13 on these cards is not worth it so I just have to wait for the specials.

I bet if the bulk quanities were at 25 and 50 they would get more regualr subs and get more money , there wouldn't be much of a need to wait for the lower price specials to send in the cards. >>

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Not to mention that it's often hard to justify dropping close to a grand on grading fees for one modern bulk submission.
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    I agree with you also....good points!!
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i agree with boopots.

this kind of special will let them get caught up with all the prior subs
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    2-$13/5 days (approx.) = L-A-M-E.

This is pay dirt for PSA. There are plenty of people who use this service for commons. People who don't have the time or patience for a 45 day bulk service or a $5 special with no guaranteed timeframe.

There will always be those certain submissions that get “stuck in the back of closet” which might make the submitter rethink next time and submit under a more costly, guaranteed shorter timeframe.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not to mention that it's often hard to justify dropping close to a grand on grading fees for one modern bulk submission. >>

Or pre war at 10 bucks a pop for 1's and 2's image