Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Now that Whitman owns the Baltimore show, what changes will be made to the March, 2007 show, if any?

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
I was excited to hear that Whitman has purchased the Baltimore show. I have never been to the Whitman show in Atlanta, but I hear that it usually gets rave reviews. I plan on attending if March show in Baltimore, unless there is an unforeseen circumstance in my schedule.

Does anyone know what changes Whitman will be making to the March, 2007 show, if any? It might be too soon to make changes, but I am not sure. I was hoping for a Total Numismatic Immersion at the show, with educational classes, exhibits, fine food and vintage wine, as well as mountains of coins on the bourse. However, it may be too early for Whitman to really put their stamp on this show.
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    be careful of all that crime in Baltimore! image
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing I noticed is that the paperwork coming from Whitman them is clean and crisp...
    at the show...hmmmm I would expect cleaner aisles... LOL
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    fine food and vintage wine

Uh, no.....image

Rufus T. Firefly: How would you like a job in the mint?

Chicolini: Mint? No, no, I no like a mint. Uh - what other flavor you got?

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I'd like to see is free shuttle rides from the show to local hotels all day long during the show and auction. Private shuttle company with a well armed guard on each shuttle.
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>be careful of all that crime in Baltimore! image >>

I will be clutching a QDB book as a security blanket, just like last year. image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A free bucket of clams with every table........
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭

<< <i>A free bucket of clams with every table........ >>

Free crabcakes would be good. image
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Free crabcakes would be good. image >>

Can I have cole slaw with them, please? image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Free crabcakes would be good. image >>

Can I have cole slaw with them, please? image >>

I'll take some beer with mine.image
  • Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya'll ignored me, big surprise image

In all seriousness though I think armed security shuttle service would be a great idea. Have the big auction company of the show (Heritage for example) split the cost with the operator/owner of the show for example.

Simply hire a reputable private shuttle service that is acceptable to carrying armed security. Then hire Blackwater or another executive protection type security company to man the shuttle with a uniformed officer armed with a shotgun. The officer would ride the shuttle every where it went and disembark the shuttle and stand outside when ever guests are boarding or exiting.

One shuttle that holds 15 people and made the rounds to the local hotels that are within 10 miles of the convention center. The shuttle could probably be back at the convention center once every 30 minutes or so for new riders.

With the high publicity thefts of late I think this would be very well received.

It wouldn't even have to be a service free to the riders. I'm sure most of them would be quite ok with coughing up say, $2 per ride. That 2$ fee would rack up mighty quick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file