Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

National Notes From A Local

I live pretty close to the National in Cleveland. There is a main road near the national named Bagley (off highway 71) There are 3 motels/hotels right there that might save you money instead of doing something at the last minute. If you stayed in these places, you are about 10 minutes away from the IX center without having to drive a highway back and forth if you stay a few days.Here are the #s for two.....
They are Ramada Engle road)1-440-243-2277, Motel 6 (engle) 1-440-234-0990 and a new one called The Plaza Hotel which I could not find in the book. Maybe this helps
For newbes there are lots of things to do in this area from fun dining , sports events and strip joints..Enjoy!!!

Comments

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    When is this show? At the IX Center??

Dates/times

I'm only a bit over an hour away and may consider shooting up there.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭✭
    Goose, if you hit the national with your '33 checklist in hand, you ought to be able to knock a good number of cards off your set. image

edit to add:

- looks to be August 1-5, 2007 at the I-X Center in Cleveland OH.... Show link

Tentative Show Hours:
    Weds 8/1 5PM-9PM
    Thurs-Sat 8/2-8/4 10AM-6PM
    Sun 8/5 10AM-5PM
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys,
    I just did a Mapquest to see how long it would take me to get to the National this year. About 6 hours by car. Is it worth it? I've never been to one, but this will probably be the closest one to me for another few years. Thoughts?
  • Options
    If you don't mind spending the time, and have a good amount to spend on something (some might go just to look, which I also do, but would hate to walk away with nothing) I'd say it'd be worth your time.
  • Options
    Hell, count me in!

I've NEVER been to a Card show.....but have been to numerous huge coin shows.

I would expect things to be quite similar...such as a lot of rude people behind the cases with overpriced items not wanting to get off of their butt to give me the time of day.image
  • Options
    That sounds about right. But actually, my experience only, the worst I've experienced at a card show is "disinterest" - never really gotten out-and-out rude treatment, but I'm sure it exists!
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    sometimes mr. mint throws baseballs at peoples heads i think..

and sometimes people get in fights and get arrested..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Pandrews...will you be attending?

if so, I am a DEFINITE.
  • Options

<< <i>Pandrews...will you be attending?

if so, I am a DEFINITE. >>

nah.. i wouldnt be able to spend enough money to make the trip worth it.. and i cant stand to just "window shop".. image i would feel the need to go in debt..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    hell, who knows though.. its in august so i might change my mind by that time..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Plenty of time to win the lotto between then and now, PA. image
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I'll be there and may even host a party.

"I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm kind of a big deal......."

CANNONBALL!

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options

<< <i>Plenty of time to win the lotto between then and now, PA. image >>

thats what i thought of.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I see the Cleveland Indians are home through Thursday, 8/2. How far is Jacob's Field from where the National is being held?
  • Options
    Great minds, PA! image
  • Options

<< <i>I'll be there and may even host a party.

"I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm kind of a big deal......."

CANNONBALL!

Ron >>

Yeah Ron well I own many leatherbound books and my home smells of rich mahogany.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Someone asked about where the Indians are in relation to the IX center where the show will be.....it's probably 8-10 miles away in downtown Cleveland....if you can get to the airport which is next door to the IX center you can catch what we call the RAPID downtown...it's a train that goes from the airport to TOWER CITY downtown....you can then walk thru an enclosed area to JACOBS Field or just walk out and you'll be there in about five minutes walking......

al.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Hey Spazzy,, where you at??? I'm over in Parma....
  • Options
    hey guys...I'm down near Mansfield....(thankfully not IN Mansfield)
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    I grew up in North Olmsted, about 5 miles from the airport. I guarantee I've spent more time in the IX center than anyone on this board, because in my Sophomore year my high school burned down and they set up temporary classrooms in the IX center for the rest of the year image. I won't be going this year, because I now live 10 hours away and my wife is due in August.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭

<< <i>Hey Spazzy,, where you at??? I'm over in Parma.... >>

Yea Im in Parma Italy too!!!!!
  • Options
    spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    Watching an injuns game might not be bad in a group during that week.