Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Suggestions for safely shipping small lots of cards?

Just curious how everyone ships small lots (anywhere from 20-50 cards) of fairly inexpensive modern cards (cards will not be individually put in toploaders, maybe team bags?) - I am always careful when shipping, and want to make sure they get where they are going without damage. Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'd suggest penny sleeves for each card. Then place them all between a thick and sturdy bookend on each side.
  • tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I've seen plastic cases that snap together and are designed to hold anywhere from 25 to 100 cards depending on the size.
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I am not a fan of the snap boxes. If you use one buy a size bigger than you need a stuff it. I hate getting cards in them that are stuffed. Some tend to get caught in the squeze.

I like the ones that are nestled inside each other like a normal top/bottom box. They are a little more. You can also get cardboard boxes that will fit around 150 cards. Just use filler to prevent the cards from moving.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    i use penny sleeves on each card, then put the lot in a BCW graded card sleeve, then sandwich between cardboard..
    ·p_A·
  • originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭
    Pandrews method would be the best I think, for a combo of no damage to the cards/least cost to you. What it does involve is more effort, which is the hallmark of GOOD packaging.
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    2 elastic band around them and a stamp on the top card should do it.image

I ususally us the 2 piece boxes to ship those type of cards. I put a little piece of foam on the top and elastics around the case and they seem to get their pretty safe all the time
  • sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Penny sleaves. Every 6th or 7th card gets a top loader as well as the top and bottom card. Tape the three protected edges securely. Lay a piece of paper over the top edge and tape it too. Ship it.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for the helpful suggestions - I appreciate it! image
  • I put each card in a penny sleeve, and then put the whole lot in a PSA sleeve (or a team bag). I take that and secure it between 2 pieces of cardboard and shove it in a bubble envelope.